Infiniti Financial Lease quandary- lease end purchase

Texas Lease on Q60 Red Sport expiring 1-22-22
Shopping for a new Genesis G80 Prestige (no deals out there yet) and have found that NONE of the Genesis dealers can buy my Q60 due to the Infiniti Lease clause below:
“If you wish to purchase your vehicle, please contact the INFINITI dealer of your choice. As a captive finance company, INFINITI Financial Services cannot sell leased vehicles directly to our customers. Instead, you may arrange to complete the purchase of your vehicle with your dealer. In order to do this, you should set an appointment with the dealer to sign an odometer statement, review some paperwork, and submit the payoff payment. At that time, the dealer will also calculate and collect any applicable sales tax and official fees that are not Included in your payoff amount.”

Which I believe to mean that I have to buy the vehicle before I can sell it and that they WILL NOT allow another dealer to purchase it.
Can you experts please verify.
Here’s my quandary:
PayOff is $30K. CarMax offered me $39K. Well worth the hassle.
Thanks to all in advance!
Ron Johnson
Katy, TX

S*pecify your location when asking for input on a deal! Tagging by state (e.g. CA, NJ, NY, usa-nationwide) is mandatory. *

*If your question relates to lease-end purchases with the intention to own, post under the Buy/Finance sub-category and tag “lease-end-purchase”. *

Please tag if your question involves a specialized topic (e.g. tax, legal, shipping, 3rd-party-buyout, lease-transfer, etc.). You will reach experts faster that way. View all tags at FORUM | LEASEHACKR.

If you asked for a deal check, circle back after you have signed a deal – the community always loves to hear back! Submit your deal to SIGNED! (https://share.leasehackr.com).

If you buy it from your purchasing dealer they will add $300 + Some fees
If you buy it from ANY OTHER INFINITI dealer, they will add $XXXX + $300 + Some Fees

So be careful when going in to buy your car out.

1 Like

GREAT feedback. If I go in to turn it in on 1-22-22, will they buy it at market price or at payoff price?
Thanks in advance!

on 1/22/22? They got you over a rail, they will take the car at payoff ONLY. (Aka shake your hand and give you the boot out the door.hehe)

If you go early you have a small chance of the Dealer giving you any cash. Considering it’s an INFINITI I am very surprised you even have 9k in equity today. Most people posting here say they are underwater on their INFINTI’s

Gotta try this before 30 days or if possible before 60 days of EOL.

YOU are the best! it shall be done!

Correct. If the payoff doesn’t include tax, you will owe that also.

Does TX require taxes on a lease buy out, considering the entire value of the vehicle is taxed at lease inception?

1 Like

That should be a new model. Introducing the 2023 Infiniti Quandary

1 Like

Spoke with the sales manager. Finance guy said “it’s not my job. See the Sales/General Manager.” He confirmed the I MUST buy it from Infiniti and no unseen fees. At least that was good news. I “think” the payoff includes Tax.
They can’t get a Q60 Red Sport in Black until late December 2021. Lease is up in January 2022.

So I recently purchased my leased 2018 Q50S in Houston. I purchased it before the lease was up and they calculated the payoff which was less than what was in the contract. Also, since I re-financed with 1 of there banks (US Bank), they did not charge the $450 transfer fee but there was a $300 fee. And yes you will have to pay sales tax (6.25%) on the purchase price. Once titled, you can sell or trade it in as you desire.

In Houston…My lease expires 1-21-22,
If I turn in 1-21-22, how long till I receive a. payoff equity check from Infiniti Financial?
If I buy at my lease payoff of $28K and wish to resell it to CarMax for their $39K offer, how long to receive the title from Infiniti Financial?
WHY is buying/leasing a car so bloody difficult?
Thanks to all in advance.

You do not get a check for equity when you turn in the lease. This only happens if you sell the lease to someone.

1. ok
  2. If you turn it in? You get a $0 check instantly. Turn ins get nothing.
  3. Typically? less than a month.
  4. Because so many people are doing it the departments are overwhelmed.

Note : You are missing 1 important item for #3, How much will my dealer charge BS fees to allow me to buy this car.

1 Like

So…Thanks to y’all, here’s my plan:
12-20-21 Arrange financing and go to Infiniti and buy my 2018 Q60 Red Sport at $28K payoff.
Wait up to a month for the title to arrive.
Go to CarMax and sell it for their quote of $39K.
Find a Genesis G80 3.5 Prestige and lease it. 39mo/10K annual $5-8K down.
What do y’all think of that?

2 Likes

Why do you want to do this?

2 Likes

Does Texas have either electronic titles or lender-held titles?

1 Like

Lower monthly note, I surmise.

Not sure. Who can advise?

The Internet

https://www.txdmv.gov/lienholders

I don’t know for how long, but TX appears to have ELT