Infiniti demo/loaner guidelines

Hello all,

what are the guidelines for leasing a demo/loaner Infiniti?

what is the mileage limit at which it cannot be leased any longer? any penalties for mileage? are there any incentives that don’t apply?

also, what are the most popular incentives aside from VPP? is there a “grad” program/incentive? anyone know if costco helps?

Dealer is saying that they can lease a demo, but not a loaner…sounds off?

e.g. for BMW after 5k miles, the residual is affected, and each mile over 500 has a penalty of $0.25/mile. Also, some programs (corporate/fleet) cannot be used in conjunction of demo pricing.

Thanks for all y’all’s help! I’m looking at a QX60 and planning a hackr worthy deal.

Every manufacturer is different with regard to lease support on loaners. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that the dealer is correct in that they can’t lease a loaner.

I know, I was hoping someone would chime in with some knowledge…

we’re all BMW and MB experts

Porsche and Land Rover won’t lease any car over 1 model year old.

Infiniti does not lease loaner cars. The loaners are titled and leased to the stores for 6 months to 1 year. They can only be purchased as a CPO after the fact.

Demo’s are up to the dealer discretion, can’t help as my dealer doesn’t do Demo Cars.

Infiniti only has 3 incentives. VPP, Loyalty, and Conquest (QX50 Essential Model Only). Costco is pretty much TrueCar for Infiniti. Would do much better negotiating on your own.

this guy leased a car with some sort of miles on it, it says was a “demo”.

Is there a distinction between demo and loaner and do they lease demos ?

When the QX50 going to get VPP?

A “demo” in the eyes of Infiniti is usually categorized as a car that management take out of inventory and would drive for a few months on a dealer tag so it’s never registered but the warranty is punched. You can lease a “demo” as its untitled.

A loaner, on the other hand, is for customers that are in service. A loaner is titled and leased from Infiniti. You cannot lease a loaner.

Still waiting to find out. History has shown typically 90 Days from launch. We just crossed that 90 Day period so hopefully any day now. If not they may just launch it with July programs. This is all me guessing though.

1 Like

Fabulous…this is just what I wanted to know.

Are you familiar with the “signature graduate program”? does it have any real benefits?

The only real benefits of the Grad Program are getting a better APR/MF for those that are recent graduates and don’t have established credit yet. I believe you can also delay your payment up to 90 days.

I have another question for you,

How does GAP work with IFS? How much is it normally? Is it added to the the payment or is it a fixed amount due at inception (and then capitalized into the lease)

Also, can you mark up the MF in lieu of acquisition fee?

Thanks man!

GAP is included in all IFS leases. We don’t see it itemized so I’m assuming it’s included somewhere in the Acquisition Fee.

Dealers can mark up the MF. My dealer does not but other dealers do.

wow this is actually fantastic news!

one more thing lol, the Ultimate Protection Package? i’m really just worried about wheels and tires - do you know the actual cost of it? Retail is usually three times as much

I’m planning on closing at the end of the week, I’ll share the deetz then and hopefully everyone will be shook.

Here’s my $.02 on tires and wheels…

I’ve leased numerous cars over the last 20 years. In that time, I’ve always declined tire/wheel protection. I would’ve never needed it if I bought it. Assuming they offered it to me for 500 a car (I don’t remember exactly what each person offered it to me at), and I’ve leased 8 cars in that time, I saved 4 grand. That can buy a pretty awesome set of tires and rims should I blow one out tonight on the way home.

To each their own, but, to me, I’m way ahead of the game by not taking it, even if I blow out all 4 tires tonight. Then again, some people like the added peace of mind with the insurance.

More than blowing out the tires, I’m more worried about lease turn in excess wear and tear on the wheels and tires.

I currently have an exloaner BMW that the wheels magically began “burning” not sure what happened to the finish, but something happened, i took it to the dealer and they told me the wheels had been refinished, which i obviously didn’t do…so leasing an ex loaner does have its increased risk.

I will now have to have the wheels refinished again and due to the finish type, it will cost a few hundred dollars each.

Also, I’m down to 4mm on the tires and the car has less than 12k miles… so I will have to buy at least another full set of run flats which will run me over a grand all in.

So for another 10-20$ a month I think it’d be good assurance on that part, the blow out protection is just a plus IMO

I should add, I never needed it for the wheels either. Maybe I’m just extremely lucky…IDK.

Buy used, no-name runflats. Or, better yet, buy a set of regular tires, and put the 4mm runflats back on at turn in.

Even if you did have the wear and tear, wouldn’t you need to buy new tires anyways? Or is your lease almost up?

2 Likes