Independently verify Audi dealer lease buyout amount

Hey guys,

Less than 3 months left on my Audi A5 Sportback lease. Lease is through AFS. Way under on mileage and fairly certain I have a good bit of equity in it.

I understand that there are 3 different AFS lease buyout amounts: the RV, which is my price if I choose to buy it, a 3rd party dealer price, and then the price an audi dealer would have to pay if they buy it.

Is there any way to find out what the Audi dealer buyout is on my car at present? I’m about to start shopping dealers and getting offers and I’d love to know all of the numbers before I start. I’m certain the dealers in my area will try to screw me out of every dollar possible.

Also is this the correct breakdown of how this transaction is calculated? Anything not being taken into consideration? My understanding is that I do not have to pay the disposition fee since the vehicle is technically being bought out at lease end.

Dealer Offer Amount
less 2 remaining monthly payments
less Audi dealer buyout price
= Amount of the check I receive

I’m in Nashville, TN.

Appreciate any and all guidance!

The Audi (And VW if you didn’t know) buyout price is usually the Same Price you pay without Taxes.

Note : Your #1) RV price is wrong. You still have 2 payments so your buyout can be less than RV + 2 payments. Log into your Audi site and request a payoff amount.

Audi Dealer Offer Amount - (Your Buyout Price) = Check in your hands.

Edit : Also some auto groups have an Audi / VW in their group, so THEORETICALLY you can go to a Honda Dealership and get the same price as an Audi one if they have an Audi in their group and they are willing to work a tiny bit harder.

1 Like

Right. I took that into account in the bottom section there re: remaining payments outstanding…

You know for a fact that the dealer buyout is the same as mine? i.e. = RV listed in lease? I hope to god you’re right, cause I got a whole lot of equity if so.

If you have an Audi And it says Audi Financial Services, then yes.

The bad ones are Ally and US Bank, those charge variable values to even their own dealers.

1 Like

send me your vin and miles

1 Like
  • Segment & Dispo are usually charged by AFS.
1 Like

On buyouts by dealers? Ick.
@Paxton so a possible $595 buyout fee charged to your dealer.

Yep - here’s a breakdown. Could have changed this month, but AFAIK, it is accurate.

see above

Audi started doing it to capture some of the equity that dealer’s were profiting off of.

3 Likes

Y’all are awesome. Thanks everyone. @aronchi just gave me the specifics I needed.

@forbs is correct. The dealer buyout is shockingly close to my buyout price listed on AFS website right now.

Bout to go get me some money!

/thread

If you have time left on your lease, neither your nor the dealer’s buyout is the rv.

It also isnt the rv plus the two remaining payments.

You deduct only the dealer’s current buyout price. That number is good from the present date through N days.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.