Incentives: based on car registration or dealer's zip code?

I mean - I know what incentives are, for both zip codes.

The real deal was:

• If you register the car in state A first ($2000 lease cash incentives),
  • and then re-register it in state B ($500 lease cash).
  • Will that change lease payments (besides sales tax difference)?

Technically NMAC (or whoever financed the lease) could have re-calculated my payments, based on new zip code from state B.
But from what I understand, that doesn’t happen.

Incentives are only applied at time is sale. Incentives aren’t given or taken away when you re-register a vehicle.

1 Like

I’m sorta curious how OP is going to ‘register’ his car in a certain state without actually having an address in that certain state.

I do have a family member’s address I can use, for registration. I’ll see if it’s worth it.

Thank you for all the input

The state the car is registered. Or addressees on driver license

Don’t forget proof of insurance. This ‘scheme’ is going to get very complicated.

What’s the harm in a little tax fraud and insurance fraud in the morning to capture that extra incentive?

1 Like

Nah, definitely don’t wanna deal with any kind of fraud. But it’s good to know what your options are. Sometimes dealers don’t want to work with an out-of-state buyer, and advise you to register the car in their state for a month.

Is that for Hyundai? From what others are saying, it’s manufacturer-dependent,

I would stay away from that kind of Shady dealer who gives you that advice.

True, there are shady dealers that will suggest fraud to make their life easier. They’re good ones to avoid.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.