Incentive Eligibility

I have tried searching but haven’t found quite what I am looking for, so thought I would try starting a thread.

I am looking to pick up a new 3 row SUV. Either Grand Cherokee L, or XC90 if I can find the right deal. I currently own my car so have time, but the Jeep returning lease bonus do $2k if tempting.

I noticed some brands, mostly Jeep, offer Lead Intercept and Unsold Lead Incentives.

Are there any hacks for getting these or other similar offers?

I know Jeep offers a 1,000 if you build and hang out and I did it recently before picking up a 4xe Overland. Does anyone know if clearing history and cache causes it to come back?

I already have several affiliate plans through work (GM, Volvo, Audi and joined Treadlightly for FCA, but it won’t kick in until early December. I also have Costco.

I have thought about Penfed but get Trucar through work, and assume the discounts are the same and can’t be stacked. I understand it may also be a case by case basis.

Your post is very confusing. Instead of getting lost in these weeds, first evaluate which makes and models have good lease programs.

That’s the foundation of any good lease deal. Nothing is going to work without that.

if you have time, I’d wait until December and see if there are going to be any additional incentives pushed at the end of the year.

1 Like

Thanks, and sorry for the confusion. Ultimately, I have zero’s in on two makes and models, Grand Cherokee L Limited and XC90. Both have good programs, but I am not currently in a rush to pick up a vehicle.

My questions is, since I have time, are there things I can do now that may put me on the radar for future incentives such as Jeep’s “Unsold Leads”?

Do you qualify for Volvo loyalty?

No, just Costco and A Plan

There are not

1 Like

@Bostoncarconcierge can be a great resource for either of those models in MA

Can you show some examples of GCL and XC90 deals on LH that you’re trying to replicate?

I am not really trying to replicate a deal. I was more wondering if there are things you can proactively do to get additional incentives like Jeep’s Lease Interceptor Incentive, or if there were similar programs and it sounds like I have done all of the things I can proactively do.

I have been watching his deals closely and he has some great options. I plan to reach out if I see something that piques my interest, but didn’t want to waste his time since I only plan to make a move if I see a deal I can’t pass up. Otherwise, I will wait until closer to the end of the year.

1 Like

You’re missing the point. What are the good programs you’re basing the entire premise on?

Without loyalty is a XC90 a good lease candidate? Is a GCL a good lease candidate? If so what is that based on?

A $1,000 rebate on a bad deal is not going to make it a good deal.

1 Like

There is no way to see ‘deals’ in the future as usually they are kept secret from everyone until the new month.

So no, you can’t predict anything in that kind of matter, just watch the brokers and they usually come up with the best deals and combos to achieve them.

1 Like

Your point is not lost on me. I understand that overpaying by $3,000 instead of $4,000 does not make it a deal. I am not going to tag deals because it has nothing to do with the posters/brokers. Below I am using rates out of Rate Findr

Volvo offering ~$3,000 off a gas XC90 and offering a 0.002 ~4.8% mf. Volvo is offering ~$11,000 off XC90 PHEV’s and charging a mf of .0044 (~10.56%). This results in the PHEV being just slightly more expensive than a gas model the inflated mf to make it just a little more expensive than the gas model doesn’t make it a deal. I get it.

In the Finance world there is no real correlation between the cost of money and its use. My credit union doesn’t offer different rates based on the type of car I buy. If Volvo had used the same MF the PHEV lease would be hundreds less per month than the gas model. If they cut the rebates and offered the lower mf the numbers probably wouldn’t change from their current state. At least I am making that guess. But in a market where others are offering rebates there is pressure and Volvo has to do something. So, Volvo offer a rebate and recover through an inflated mf because they likely couldn’t handle the demand if they only offered the PHEV.

In the Marketplace, some brokers are offering XC90 PHEV’s at or below gas XC90’s models, so it would appear some have figured out how to get around the mf difference and that would change one’s perception of the deal.

I get Jeep marks up to mark down. Their mf’s are lower and the fact I qualify for larger rebates as a returning lessee makes it a little easier to stomach than if I didn’t qualify for those incentives. Hence my initial question in this post regarding how to proactively identify incentive opportunities.

At .002, volvo is incentivizing the mf on the gas models.

Fair enough, but not nearly as much as they are inflating on the upside.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.