In a pickle, looking for advice!

Happy holidays all,

I wanted to ask advice on my situation. I currently own a Jeep Wrangler, traded out of a Panamera turbo to lower my dti and buy a house. Very nice but I customized it to my tastes and apparently only my tastes here in CO. Long story short no ones sees value in it. I’m in and out of cars regularly but I’m having a hell of a time selling this one. I’m about 2-3k flipped, not a huge deal. And I was going to pay it out of pocket if I could get it sold, but no luck there yet. So my question is, Is there a car that you’d recommend that I’d enjoy driving that would allow me to keep or lower my $500 monthly payment? Lower is ideal but I’m realistic. Sports car preferred but honestly I’m open to something fun on 36-39 month lease. Thoughts?

Id list it on Bring a Trailer?

1 Like

What do you enjoy driving for starters? Are you also flipping your negative into the new car?

1 Like

Agreed. It would also do well as a Turo

@Jcoco a little help please. Which is most true:

• It was fun off-roading for a month, but I miss high-speed zooms on those mountain roads
  • I used to drive a f* Porsche and now I’m turning different heads (boys 12-21) for the wrong reasons :drooling_face:
  • This wasn’t for me, I’d like resolve it however I can as close to my $500/mo budget as possible
  • I realize I’m not getting another Porsche, but I could stretch a little to make this go away AND have some thing fast/nice that turned all the right heads
0 voters

Edit: voted for “ It was fun off-roading for a month, but I miss high-speed zooms on those mountain roads”

1 Like

Typically, euro sports cars. But honestly after owning a wrangler I just miss having a little speed on tap. I’m pretty open. I could say a sports car/sedan but I think the key here is I’m trying to get out of the Jeep so if it makes sense I’ll look at it.

I’m planning on paying the negative equity but it would depend on the deal.

Have you done any forum searches on any particular cars you’re interested in and their recent deals? These “what should I buy” threads pop up from time to time, and they are pretty useless TBH. You’re going to get 30 different replies on 30 different cars based on a subjective opinion of someone else. Unless you actually drive the car yourself, you have no idea if that person’s opinion would line up with yours or not.

2 Likes

:rofl: that’s comedy, the wheels weren’t cheap. I NEVER intended to off road it and I feel as though I’ve been privately shunned in the Jeep community, though publicly I still get the Jeep wave when I drive by.

1 Like

You can search to see where deals are/aren’t. You might have a little better luck trading for an FCA product (Alfa or Maserati) that will buy your Jeep. If you haven’t contacted the used car manager at three Jeep dealers, I would. Send them photos and details and see what they might put on it. You need someone who knows exactly what your tower of terror is worth in your market. Carvana is great for a 440i or a Corolla but with that, who knows.

Speaking only for me, I’d want AWD where you live, and I’d want to rule out:

• Golf R (doesn’t lease well)
  • Mazda3 AWD with all the jam
  • WRX and STI
  • S60 T6 Polestar

As well as the likely BMW and Audi suspects.

I would drive your short list 2-3 times until you are sure. You need to feel good in this thing until the lease is up (and roll the negative if the MF is S60 low and not Golf R high).

1 Like

Solid advice, and list thanks Sir. I think I could live with either of those options and I had been considering bmw/Audi so that puts that to bed as well.

I have an awd daily so this one can be rear drive. I’ll look at your suggestions. Thanks all!

Can’t you strip the mods and sell them separately ?

I love the rims!

Bang for your buck for something fun, a BMW 3 or 4 Series would be a good bet. Heck, you might be able to get into an M340i for $500 (plus drive offs) depending on your local market. An S4 might also be possible.

Bet you’d have a lot less trouble selling it if you just powdercoated the wheels to something more neutral like gunmetal or black

Try photoshopping the pics on your ad and see if you get more bites

1 Like

Great suggestion. The red is cool but also very specific.

Heartbreaking but you’re probably right

What are the odds on making this work?
Right now They’re offering 3750 in incentives 2500 in loyalty but that might be moot because I haven’t owned a bimmer in a while, I know it breaches the 500 limit but Im mostly ok with it on this car. Where do I start?