I'm back....time to hunt for a unicorn

A unicorn is not a fixed concept. Right now a unicorn is a car you can lease and then flip for a good equity profit. So don’t get hung up on the definition of unicorn being a lease with x% of msrp. Play the current game which is to lease, flip and profit.

You don’t play tennis in December do you- you play hockey. So LH has to adapt and make this unicorn about a lease and flip.

4 Likes

I hope you visited the forum to see current conditions before getting rid of your car.

There are less time consuming ways to make money than lease-flips; i’m still looking for the OG unicorns.

2 Likes

That logic can also be applied to spending a lot of time looking for what you would consider a unicorn. If you worked at Mcdonalds for all of the hours you put into finding a good deal, you’d probably make up the difference in savings :joy:

I actually don’t spend that much time, usually most of it consists of scouting on cargurus or cars once good candidates have been identified. Then it’s 3-4 dealerships that have the right car and boom :boom: usually one of them bites. I spend more time on this site helping others get a good deal.

2 Likes

Thanks, im looking for a good daily and some one else to do the leg work, this is exactly why I joined the site.

Hire a broker for that.

1 Like

We have a whole marketplace section of brokers you can hire for just that.

1 Like

At least he’s honest about it. Many folks just hit up every broker for their spoon feeding.

Watching this is just a hobby to see what other people get and why.

If I knew what I wanted I’d just get a broker like you said.

1 Like

My hunt update. Targeted the Audi A8 L Hybrid. Why? No one wants it. What’s worse than empty lots ?? An empty lot with a flagship hybrid that’s been sitting for a year. approx. $21K in rebates and MF is low. Residual is horrible but the rest can make it up.

6 dealers.

1. over MSRP
  2. -2% MSRP
  3. -5%
  4. -5%
  5. -8%
    6)10%, would not, could not, did not apply Penfed $3k

Worked out the deal all the way through and dealer 6 couldn’t figure it out for Penfed. Didn’t like the Passat enough to keep trying.

1 Like

I am showing 9 cars nationwide.

1 Like

It might take some extra work on your part. When I was working on my A6 deal in late April/early May, most dealers were not aware of Penfed. I had to tell one GM that it was pretty much a military incentive. It took a couple of emails and proof of the incentive in my name, but they eventually submitted all the info and made the deal happen.

2 Likes

I there are 9 cars nationwide, does that mean 3 more dealers to contact :laughing:?

1 Like

No lol.I think I’m done with the Passat+

2 Likes

Update to the Journey.

Have not found any unicorns. Perhaps they are extinct, humanity did this.

David Attenborough Elephant GIF by BBC America

So I have ordered a Jeep to drive, out a deposit down for a C8 Vette and E-Ray Vette. May even grab a Camaro next week if any dealers near me honor supplier.

Even learned a lot about Exotic car hacking thanks @ethanrs and learned Porsche and Ferrari they’re more in demand than @chevysalesgirl bolts.

5 Likes

To say exotics are on fire would be an understatement.

1 Like

How did you do that? Is it a deposit to get a chance to place a deposit (lol) when they are orderable?

Yes just a place holder deposit till allocation release and get to put the build in.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.