I'm a total noob...please help! BMW X3 M40i

M40 or not i’d aim for 20% off before rebate on any fart car.

You guys are crazy with your 20% off a popular 2019 model… that’s what we are seeing at the high end with leftover ‘18 loaners and not even the older designed X3s or X5s.

You can ask for whatever you want but they certainly will be able to sell it for significantly more. You may be better off going after a new one as there will be more inventory thus competition and the mileage penalty eats away at the dealer discount. Plus no CCA rebate.

Experienced brokers can chime in but probably 10-12% off is doable on this car.

3 Likes

10-12% off listed MSRP?

For a new one… yes.

15% off that demo I think is a reasonable ask but unlikely they will accept it. Check the CarFax/cargurus to see how long it’s been out of service.

Keep in mind with a 5K demo you are more likely going to need to replace the tires and brakes which is not covered. May not matter in this scenario if you expect to use all 45K miles as both would likely happen anyway.

Get the X3 M40i that is being transferred on this forum - all the hard work has been done

No, it is off original MSRP.

Where is this?

1 Like

Do a search — and it is one of the very top results

1 Like

OP is also in Minnesota, which makes certain SUVs in very high demand and makes large discounts more difficult to get; I think 10-12% is a good target. Like others have said, the money factor seems to be marked up; if you use 0.00177 from Edmunds, 0 down @ 36 months should put you around $780. If you can get the discount closer to 12%, (another ~$2500 on top of the $5000 discount), that should give you a payment around $705-$715.

First push them to use the base rate MF and once that is accomplished, and if you’ve got the cash, put down MSD’s. Then check to and see if waiving the acquisition fee for increased MF is worth it - probably not on a 36 month lease, but doesn’t hurt to check.

This is very helpful, thank you. MF of 0.00177 not factoring in MSDs?

Back in the dealer now. Sales Manager explained to me they only have 6% to give off the top and 5% off the bottom and they won’t go to buy rate because the “finance team wouldn’t make any money”. Is this BS? What do you guys know?

Yes BS… most dealers sell at the standard rate… having an inflated MF is the same as selling the car at a higher price. It’s not like finance has a separate P/L to worry about.

Just move on… this deal is terrible and hate dealing with dealers who lie like this.

1 Like

What about the MSRP discount? What’s max that you know of?

Their cost is likely around 12% off, but they can discount it whatever they want. A raised MF is just a lower discount plus the mileage penalty. You are likely at 7% discount for essentially a used car.

You are better off hiring a broker out east, getting the car you want for a good price, and shipping it back. It would still be significantly cheaper than this lame offer.

Search the forum for 2019 X3 M40 deals as all are light years better and people are still crapping on some of them.

W… W… Why are you back at the dealer? I thought @FORTNITE already covered this?

1 Like

How do I get a lease if it’s not nearby…?

The same way you do one nearby. You contact and email dealers. Once you’ve arrived to a deal you agree to, they’ll overnight the contracts for you to sign, you send it back.

Then at your expense, they’ll ship it to you or you can fly in and have a road trip back to enjoy your new ride.

Shipping will cost between 1k and 1.3k depending on where you live. Even if you paid that, the deal you’d get that’s actually competitive would blow your local dealer out of the water in value, even after the cost of shipment!

Then you drive to the local dealer and show the sales manager your new whip that you got for thousands less what they were asking and drive off into the sunset with your hair in the wind leaving the sales manager to cry in Spanish!

maybe he doesnt understand memes?

2 Likes