ILX Lease review

Hello - this is an offer from a Maryland Acura for a 2019 ILX with premium package and DC taxes/registration for 36 months 15k miles:
MSRP 28645
Savings: 2650
cap cost: 25995
Residual 56%
MF: .0020
customer cash: 1000 (not a true 1000 down payment because the first payment is included)

420.48 monthly all taxes/fees included in this monthly cost
MF might go down very very slightly due to credit but not much of a difference. thoughts? DC taxes are 10.25 percent.

Previous gen fancy civic for $420? No thanks, and a normally aspirated 4cyl for over $400/mo, no thanks. Allot better cars for the money out there. If you like the car, go you look at the 2018 Accord, you’ll be blown away.

Thank you but i prefer the ILX. Been a long time Acura loyalist.

You can get a TLX for less.

i know the TLX is less - unfortunately, wife wants the ILX as she thinks it’s more fitting her age. Just curious about the deal and whether the numbers are decent.

They are selling the car for sticker? $2650 is the lease incentive and the buy rate is .0019 on the MF. You need 10% off plus the lease incentive, I doubt these things are flying off the shelf.

i was confused about that - the 2650 lease incentive is the savings they are getting from the factory - correct? basically they’re getting 2650 cash? and they aren’t passing any of that savings to me? based upon that, what is a reasonable amount of cap cost reduction to ask for?

Get a lease sheet or some sort of break down/print out. Also get quotes from every dealer in the area. The $2650 is from the factory, they are discounting the car $0

i have the lease sheet - but now i understand. the only MSRP reductions are coming from the factory rather than the dealership. Would posting the lease sheet help?

Yes post it but cut out any personal info

if you’re ok driving up to NJ, i should be able to save you a considerable amount on this…

I would think being loyal to Chevy Chase gives you a bigger discount, that guy is a prick.

2 Likes

That car really is terrible, I assume she won’t even test drive anything else…

I just did one of those for 285 w/ 1500 at signing for 15k miles in NJ. Probably best to get out of the DC area.

1 Like

I’ve owned 5 Acura’s. The ILX is a despicable vehicle.

1 Like

2019 has better reviews, but still an older gen Civic underneath and deserves a Civic price.

1 Like

:grinning: 20x20x20

The ILX is definitely not worth 400 a month. Or anything for that matter… previous generation civic bones…

I can’t even support what Acura is doing with it. It’s a shame your wife won’t consider literally anything else.

I can definitely drive up to NJ. would you mind PM’ing me?