Illinois EV Purchase Rebate

Just an fyi for any fellow Illinoisans, there is a $4,000 state rebate that is kicking in starting July 1st, 2022 for the purchase (not lease) of a fully electric (phevs and hybrids not included) vehicle; $1,500 for fully electric motorcycles. You have to hold on to the car for at least a year and you must purchase the vehicle from an Illinois dealer that is registered with the Illinois DMV (not sure if this requirement eliminates Tesla as a vehicle option). More details below:

https://www2.illinois.gov/epa/topics/ceja/Pages/Electric-Vehicle-Rebates.aspx

EV Rebate Program FAQ.pdf (487.2 KB)

8 Likes

I found this link and it says buy or lease on new or used cars.

The full link is below

https://afdc.energy.gov/fuels/laws/ELEC?state=il

1 Like

@wam22 EV for da wife. 1000%

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. This looking promising!

Taycan just got sweeter and so did the Lucids

2 Likes

So maybe Friday would be a good day to take my leased Leaf with a bunch of equity and "trade it in’ or whatever the technical term is for a new Leaf?

It would make it a sweet deal however I don’t believe there are any available ones. I’m looking for an affordable ev car but can’t seem to find one readily available.

1 Like

Yep good point…as soon as I had this “brilliant idea” I went looking for inventory and found like 4 cars total across a bunch of dealerships.

1 Like

I think your best bet would be to wait until Chevy dealers have the 2023 Bolt EVs or EUVs in stock - I would imagine those vehicles would be the cheapest

Any info/insight on the home level 2 installation?
I read before it was going to cover 80% of installs

I wouldn’t mind one of those especially with 4K incentive on top. It’s just a waiting game at this point just hoping it’ll be soon. Not too fond of filling up $100+ gas every week. I have 36mi commute each way.

Just checked with a local dealer in Illinois, 3k mark up on orders of 2023 bolt EUV and 5k mark up for on the lot inventory.

1 Like

I’d try multiple dealers, someone is bound to do orders at MSRP

1 Like

Are we able to lock in orders On Bolts? I know others such as Leaf you can’t order them only whatever they might have inbound or in lot.

Does this includes Tesla because of dealership has to be in IL. So one has to have the car sales receipt in hand by September 2022 to apply.
Does buying an old used EV counts too or just New buy and No leasing.

Tesla is a licensed Dealer,
Here is a copy of it

https://westmont.illinois.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/3685?fileID=3768

And it’s new, used cars don’t count / Edit : Text says it does, so I can buy / sell / buy / sell and get $4k each time?

1 Like

If one order Tesla now chances of getting before Oct are slim to none. Think they need form submitted by end of September if not then have to wait for next year cycle and how much money they going to allocate in there fiscal budget for next year.
Believe it was 19M for this year which comes around aprox 4000 rebates

If we are able to buy Ionic 5 or polestar 2 or ID.4 or Mach E then we can get $7500 federal rebate plus $4000 IL rebate.

Bigger question is how to buy them since all of them has a wait period of at least 6 month or more. Plus the markup dealers are charging now.

Are you part of the waiting for Tesla discord?

Used cars do count according to the language the state put out.