If you had to get a car today…

I always cringe when I see car ads saying something like 2022 (or whatever) is 75% re-designed and brand new. To which my reaction is oooooh boy, I’m not touching that for at least 3 model years.

1 Like

Just signed on a '22 Volvo XC60 R-Design loaner yesterday that was marked down at 14%. Leasehackr score of 8.2, was pretty loaded at 60K. Maybe you can look into that? There were a few dealers around me (SoCal) that were willing to entertain matching.

1 Like

Are you open to loaners if the car is totaled? This dealership has 2 2022 V90 loaners. Between that and Costco, you may make out well (shipping a car can be worth it!).

https://www.premiervolvocarsoverlandpark.com/new-inventory/index.htm?model=V90%20Cross%20Country

I’d personally stay away from a 2023 wagon because I’m not in love with the Google OS (and I’m an Android user). My XC60 is a hot mess, and I’m glad I decided to hang on to my 2019 S60 for now, despite declining values. Some people love AAOS though and don’t have any issues. The 2022 XC60s all have AAOS, as do the 2023s.

Edit: I think the 2022 V90 might have AAOS too, so the V60 is the best bet, and those are few and far between. :confused:

https://www.weaverbrothersvolvocars.com/commercial-new/Volvo/2022-Volvo-V60+Cross+Country-raleigh-nc-f2087fb20a0e09af307f1dc8e6f2952c.htm

There’s a loaner T8 in Maine though that could be a steal. New 2022 Volvo V60 Recharge Plug-In Hybrid T8 Polestar Engineered For Sale $67,770 | Cars.com

2 Likes

Nobody mentioned a Taycan yet? That MF’er is nice

1 Like

The Crosstourismo has a nice :peach:

4 Likes

I’m eyeing the iX M60 we posted here recently. Must resist…

iX looks like it got butt implants, forgot, got another set, and a third in its love handles for good measure.

1 Like

It tends to look better in darker colors. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Spanx in something slimming :pig_nose:

2 Likes

Can’t argue with It’s RW range though, which is at the top of the market for vehicles of that size.

Is it hiding battery capacity in its various bundts and fupas? :battery:

2 Likes

You know it!

1 Like

ix somehow has a worse interior than a model y

2 Likes

Chevy Bolt EUV. Cheapest EV out there and I think you can find them for MSRP. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You might even say they’re on a fire sale. :fire:

Allegedly

2 Likes

?

Fundamentally different design principles.

I owned a Model 3 and drove the iX on multiple occasions. Interior wise other than frameless windows and perhaps the resolution of the infotainment screen, these two share nothing in common in my opinion. iX decidedly felt a class above than the 3/Y.

1 Like

TBH the iX feels better put together than the MX.

Surprised you guys felt so. Drove them back to back and despite being a huge bmw fanboy, it felt disjointed, somewhat cramped, and not ergonomic at all