If you had to get a car today…

That’s what I did. Bought & financed.

1 Like

Fill up the tires on our old LS and drive it until the Wrangler 4xe order arrives.

2 Likes

Yes, I wonder if we’ve yet to see wacky in the vehicle market.

Fill to 60psi and insert poly coil spacers for the 4xe experience.

1 Like

All the below under right circumstances (discounts,region and use).

Wranger 4xe
Silverado 1500 Custom crew cab
Traverse/Acadia
Camaro LT1
Volvo V90

EDIT: Adding 2022 Nissan Frontier

4 Likes

There is an entire thread

I was looking at Carvana’s balance sheet yesterday, wondering what their plan is when the music stops…?

3 Likes
2 Likes

I need a car to commute back to work in the next month (sold my LT1). Would love a cheap lease, but leasing doesn’t make much sense right now, so I am looking at the following options:

1. Used Chevy Volt (around 21-24k for 2018 CPOs)
  2. Have a deposit on a Tesla Model 3 SR+ (due March 2022)
  3. Toyota Rav4 Prime XSE (at MSRP 46k may be here in Jan)

What I don’t want is to have the car depreciate a ton in the 3-4 years I will own it. Which one would you guys choose and why?

1 Like

Buy something that won’t depreciate much or at all at the most minimal markup (if any), Like a Hyundai Palisade or KIA Telluride.

Otherwise, A lease even if expensive makes sense if you’re trying to protect yourself from a pricing bubble popping…

3 Likes

The name of the game is no longer leasing, it’s speculation. Niche cars are hard to come by today and with production being limited, the number of lightly used examples that will become available 1-2 years from now is going to be low so they will hold their value, not to mention they are not a priority for the supply chain. Personally, my SO and I decided to pull the trigger and pay cash for an Audi S5 convertible. In our market, asking is 10-15k over sticker, we got ours for 3k over including enclosed transport from halfway across the country. The reasoning for this gamble is that the very large dealers around us haven’t been able to get an allocation since August if not earlier, and still to this day are not able to get an allocation meaning that there are no cars that will be landing until at least 8 months from now. The supply chain issues are not going to get figured out until at least 2023 and the consumer market probably wont normalize until at least a year after that. The plan is to drive the car for two years and sell it back to close to what we paid for it. If all goes to plan this convertible will cost about as much as my lemon-lawed Range Rover Velar from 2018.

2 Likes

I think I follow but could you expand?

1 Like

If you lease and during your lease the bubble pops, you walk away. If not, you buy it out and sell it (or roll positive equity into new lease…)

6 Likes

:point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2:

As I put 18 gallons of $4.99 super unleaded in tonight, I was missing my CMAX (which like the Volt took 87 and got 40+ mpg)

5 Likes

Get a Tesla :grin:

5 Likes

you’d have an easier time getting a meeting with the pope than you would getting a RAV4 Prime.

4 Likes

@derekoh1991 has a few coming in.

1 Like

I already did it. Bought a Mach-e last week for cash. Paid $48,059 OTD. Will claim $7500 tax credit, and already have $50,500 offer to take it off my hands. I’m not ready to sell, but pretty darned sure I’ll still be OK by the time one of my ordered vehicles arrives to replace it.

11 Likes

My man. :ok_hand:. I toyed with the idea for a bit as well, but I haven’t made any moves (yet, anyway lol). The Mach-e isn’t bad to drive (the torque is grin-provoking) but I just can’t get around the looks. Then again, if it yields a break even or profitable ownership… who cares!

1 Like

I like the looks. It is a very nice vehicle. I’ve been quite impressed. It is definitely HEAVY, though.

4 Likes

I think the overall profile of the rear is what really gives me a bad taste. The rest of the vehicle isn’t horrible. How has the range been so far? I think they’re rated for around 200 miles(?).