ID4 - get out of lease early?

Leasing an ID4 in AL and I am wondering if there is an easy way to get out of my $550 per month lease. I’ve heard of websites that trade leases or sell leases, but is there a way to do this legally? I suppose with the halving – crash of used EV prices, I am probably underwater on this lease :slight_smile:

Contact the leasing company and get your vehicle payoff. Compare that to market price on the car.

From experience, with EV market where it is and the heavy lease rebates, very good chance you would have to come up with a significant amount of money to get out early.

Hope this helps.

Anyone can create a website. The actual transfer has to be allowed by the lessor/bank.

VW doesn’t do real transfers though; they just add a new driver to the contract and you still remain liable, AFAIK.

Suggest that you read the early termination criteria in your lease agreement and then, call the fund provider. Try to speak with someone that has a brain.

Sinking Season 4 GIF by The Office

Ha ha, thank god I don’t own this POS, my inquiry is for a family member. Been in the shop a ton of times and there is literally one person in the whole of AL who know how to fix ID4s! She wants to get a hybrid next :frowning: