ID.4 1st edition lease offer (AZ)

Looking into leasing an ID.4 1st edition in AZ. Understanding that this is a new car and the current demand for electric cars, I am not sure if this can be consider a good deal Here is what I have worked out (still have not signed):
Price: 45190
39 months. 10k miles per year
Could not change the calculator to have 4500 drive off

Monthly is 505.40. ( I think I can get them to go to just under 500 if I push a bit more).
The calculator gave a score of 6.7. Which is

This is my first post. I hope to start contributing to the forums instead of just asking for advice.

The calculator faq walks through how to adjust the das to whatever amount you’d like.

1 Like

I’ve seen them at dealership, saw my first one on the road today, looks very sharp. These numbers, however…

VW is passing the entire tax credit on, but $0 discount and that money factor (did you confirm buy rate at edmunds)?

That’s $195, which doesn’t really move the needle: effectively $615/mo ($620 as it stands) Even in this market, if that were budget I’d lease something else.

Do you need a car now? Does it have to be this EV?

I would never pay $4k in upfronts. If I wasn’t rolling everything, I’d be looking at just first payment.

Our leaf is almost 10 years old and if the range was not that great at the beginning, it is pretty much just getting us back and forth from work with very little battery left. In Arizona, electric cars used to get a license plate to allow you to travel in the HOV lane even if you are alone. that program has ended but I can transfer my plate to the new car. This is what drives me to look at an electric car as it makes the daily commute easier (specially in the last weeks, when we started to get pre-Covid traffic in our freeways). Does not have to be the ID.4, i just happen to have ordered the car when the preorders opened up.

1 Like

Makes perfect sense. You can certainly cast a wider net on id.4 and see if you can get a discount, but if there dealers won’t budge and/or are marking up MF I’d look at another leaf or a bolt, see if Hyundai or Kia EVs are leasing well. Or wait a couple months and see where the ID.4 Inventory levels are.

Check Rodo. I have seen some first editions discounted by $1,500 to $2,000 plus $7,500 incentive.

Only first month, dealer fees, registration & taxes due at signing.

Should be in the $400s per month depending on miles per year.

Monthly payments appear best on 48 mo lease

At VWFS residual value and MF.

In my region for 15,000 miles per year:

.00143 and 46% (36 mo)
.00163 and 39% (48 mo)

Drove one & etron on same day. Preferred this despite some higher end amenities on the etron.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.