ICE SUV lease under 600/month?

Looking for a car for my wife to drive, but also be a shared vehicle for whichever of us has to take the kid somewhere. She works from home and hardly drives. My car is a GTI and just not practical for family driving, and she’s had her Prius for 14 years and it needs to go.

Would like an SUV or wagon that’s fun to drive, but has “auto pilot” driver assist features for long trips. Had “auto pilot” on an xc60 and I loved it to eliminate driver fatigue. 3rd row not needed. Cargo space is. No ev. We’re looking for a new house and I dont have a ability to install one at this house, I’d have to upgrade the electrical service, which isnt worth it.

Any lease deals out there in New England? I’m not seeing much on the marketplace.

Right now i feel like the best value in a use car to buy is an 2021 or 2022: X5, SQ5/Q5, gle450, etc. seen plenty in the 35-45k range, we could buy cash depending on rates, and then plan to sell in 3-4 years. I’m fairly car savvy, Ive rebuilt and swapped motors 20 years ago, back when I had too much time and not enough money. If it really came to it I could handle most “weekend project” repairs.

I’m open to other vehicles these have just been my focus. Well I’d honestly love a sport wagon, but the sport wagon market in the US sucks in my budget.

Look into Honda or Acuras if trying to lease under $600. If you want to go used, rather a used X5, i would look into Lexus Suvs just cause reliability will be much better.

2 Likes

Could you do a plug in hybrid? I don’t think that you would have to charge your car at home (or anywhere else). I could be wrong about that though…

Some ideas:

Mazda CX-90 PHEV. Brokers advertising $400 ish plus fees. Another thing is that could do an immediate buyout. You might be right at $40k.
Don’t know anything about autopilot though. There are ICE versions starting at $40k.

Mazda CX-50. I think $300ish. Cargo might be small.

Chrysler Pacifica PHEV. Lots of cargo room. Dealers near me are advertising $18k off if you lease. Nobody near me is honoring their advertised prices😎. Again you could potentially buyout for $35-$40k. A broker is doing $569 on them. There is also an ICE version for about $40k.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. I think that they are $40k. Also they have an ICE version. Seems like a nice ride but don’t know anything else about them.

Subaru Ascent (ICE). I think you can get them for $40k plenty of room.

Again I don’t know about the autopilot features on any of these suggestions. Good luck!

Looks like an xc60 demo could be close to your budget from @aronchi @Bostoncarconcierge or @thevolvoguy

If you want something with none of those options I have sr5 prem, offrd prem and limited 4Runners starting in the high 400s all in with msds. Low 500s without. Easy to get out of these anytime also at my discount.

I will look into japanese - toyota highlander/grand highlander, honda pilot, acura mdx, infiniti QX, etc

How about a V60 or a 3-series wagon?

TBH none of the SUVs you mentioned sound remotely like a substitute for a wagon.

https://www.empirevolvocarssmithtown.com/used-inventory/index.htm?model=V60%20Cross%20Country

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.