I want to assume a lease, I can easily pay off the whole lease one time (9 months) but BMWFS denied my application

Sounds like someone who sold some of the OEM parts to make some payments

8 Likes

hey guys i’m 18 and trying to takeover a lease on a rolls royce wraith. payment is $3900/month and has 5 months left on the least. i have no income or credit but have $20k in my checking. why have i been denied?

12 Likes

You have to send RRFS a selfie that clearly shows British teeth, otherwise they won’t rent you their car. It’s right in the application.

10 Likes

Approved!

12 Likes

No I will not take that as an answer

Ah, the classic choosing beggar scenario.

I think it’s more of a “positivity by force” mentality. The belief that by exuding a max amount of positive confidence you can overcome any challenge and get to your goals.

I had this experience with a new leader in my office this past week. They asked me for a change in my behavior and I said I’d try my best to comply and they said “there is no try, only do!” I understand, it’s a mentality thing.

Obviously the idea being that a “try” attitude is what losers have and a “just do it and get it done” attitude is what winners have. I call it 80’s stock broker style.

1 Like

Shane MacGowan is cool, don’t make fun of him.

1 Like

To each their own. If you do manage to end up with an M5 at age 19, RIP to your (or your parents) insurance rates…

3 Likes

Not enough yellow. French at most. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, not really a Brit by birth also.

This right here. Lenders need to trust you with their assets, which is why I have seen guys making hundreds and hundreds of thousands a year get denied because they have no auto history. You don’t have to take baby steps, but take a loan out on a cheaper car (not a piece of crap, just not M5 money), keep it for at least a year, and then repeat with a more expensive car.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you’re getting so many snarky, sarcastic, and unhelpful comments. I think there is a guy here named Karl Utz who can probably get this done. Best of luck!

19 Likes

Lol at Karl Utz…

1 Like

Blockquote I had this experience with a new leader in my office this past week. They asked me for a change in my behavior and I said I’d try my best to comply and they said “there is no try, only do!” I understand, it’s a mentality thing.

‘Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re probably right.’

– Stewie Griffin, managing Brian Griffin

1 Like

I appreciate your tenacity farmerboy but a stranger has to be real dumb to what your asking. It 's weird because in a previous post you asked “how risky is it paying the owner of the lease upfront and using the car?” That’s exactly what your asking to do and your going to offset that risk with 1k? What happens if you go over the allocated miles, dent the rims, or scratch up the paint? I have to chase you down and hope you do the right thing, no one that doesn’t know you will do this, just to much risk.

If you really want the car call up BMW Financial and tell them you will pay the whole lease up front. Don’t accept the rejection the computer system kicked out, You need to direct the “I won’t accept no” attitude at the correct avenues. Escalate it to a supervisor, manager or higher. If that fails, see if you can dig up a cosigner. If that fails, try to talk the owner of the lease and negotiate with 2-3 upfront payments versus the whole 9 months while using the car…

It’s already been denied. Calling and asking bmw pretty please isn’t going to make a difference here. A cosigner might. Paying the current owner to take over the lease while keeping it in their name, especially after bmw denied the transfer, is not legal.

7 Likes

Lack of comprehension on your part if you thought I was asking him to reach out to BMW with a “pretty please”. My wife was a loan manager and she got loans approved all the time that the system initially rejected. It’s doable, but as stated Cosigner is probable his best avenue. As far as paying the current owner to take over the lease being illegal, probably so but, c’mon, really…

Your wife worked for BMW Financial and was able to turn system denials to approvals for people doing lease turn transfers?

6 Likes

4r4c7f

4 Likes