I love just seeing actual leases people got

What would motivate people to share their actual lease sign paperwork so we could page through
all the deals people are actually getting out there.

a sort of time and sales / if compared to stocks .

I would love to page down BMW, or
Audi, and see what they were able to get, even if that actual deal is not available to me.

It would be a cool way to compare what’s out there, if I could flip through dozens of lease deals people actually got.

Not just what was advertised, or promised, but just signed one’s.

1 Like

That’s what the “Share A Deal” section is for. If you want to see actual lease documents, PM the users to ask for it.

8 Likes

Or maybe let’s not annoy everyone who shares a deal for no discernible reason

8 Likes

Its different but I guess it’s not the weirdest fetish I have ever seen

Diaper

7 Likes

Styx created a song back in the 80s for people like you

If you’re referring to the OPs unexplained pleasure with seeing contracts, sure.

However, I would love if more people posted contracts so as to pull actual signed numbers to “solve” deals in lieu of the typical shared deals, which often leave out critical information.

3 Likes

take take take it away…

Onlycontracts.com should help you get your fix

Yes I would love to see more signed numbers too. More data points would give ordinary shoppers a more balanced view on what constitute a fair deal. I wonder if Share A Deal in its current form is too restrictive, where users feel that they must share unicorn deals.

I would also venture to guess that a significant percentage of people sadly never actually review the lease docs, and that the official papers are filed or tossed away, never be looked at again :expressionless:

The problem sometimes may be that the signed docs don’t match the deal numbers, except for the monthly payment and DAS. Right?

Dealers may end up moving stuff around however they need to in their favor, and make the monthly/DAS match what was agreed upon. At the end of the day, the educated buyer doesn’t really care, but for the ones that need help, it seems like steering them towards looking at the monthly/DAS only.

I guess my point was just that a signed contract is the only true way to “validate” a deal or the numbers. My take is that the more signed contracts posted the better, because the devil is in the details.

We talk a lot here about not comparing apples to oranges. Lease prices vary widely by geographic region, largely due to zip-based differences in rebates, tax amounts, and fees. Sure enough, posted numbers from the ‘Share a Deal’ section are almost always incomplete in at least one of these three areas.

It’s hard to argue that having access to more contracts wouldn’t be of use. Understanding the price variability within a given model (e.g., BMW X3 in Cali vs BMW X3 in VA) would improve a hackrs ability to gauge whether a shared deal is reasonable or achievable for them, not someone else.

3 Likes

I wish this forum would let me post a new topic so I could ask about the type of lease deal I am looking for

There’s a minimum number of threads you must read before you’re allowed to start your own. It’s not that many. This is covered in the"READ ME FIRST: Getting started with leasehackr" thread READ ME FIRST: Getting Started With Leasehackr Forum

The goal is to get people to spend a little time digesting the information made available here rather than have the same basic questions threads started over and over again.

Spend a bit more time reading different threads and you’ll be good to go.

Unless that expectation depresses the number of people willing to share their deals.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.