I Literally Laughed in His Face

I blame @ursus. He should know by now that I’m a grammar perfectionist and intended that exactly nthe way it was written!

This worked on my service manager at my old Infiniti dealership. I didn’t mind getting synthetic oil for conventional oil prices. :grin:

I always show up with the moose knuckle.

1 Like

Went through something similar with Lexus 2 weeks ago. This clown wanted to sell me the outgoing RX350 for the MSRP of $56xxx with $0 off MSRP and wanted to charge me $608/m with wanting to put down $4k+taxes and fees. His logic was that because it’s a more expensive car than my IS300, the payment is higher lmao.

I can offer a discounted rate from Enterprise for a base Civic.

1 Like

The song and dance is always the same in the dealership. As someone else posted earlier, at least he didn’t sign a lease and come post on here asking if he got screwed after the fact lol

source

1 Like

Ironically, all the dead bots on the ground had guns in their chests!

1 Like

Male cleavage wins then

3 Likes

Hi all,

What if we finalized the deal before walking in?!
I have negotiated and asked for the written down quote.

You probably don’t need to show male cleavage then.

That might get you some floormats. Maybe complimentary scratches at the dealer.

Hahah, they asked me to do the credit info on their website. The website looks a bit fishy! So I decided not to. First time leasing :grin: noob questions I guess!

So you are saying i can still scratch the price at the dealership. It is an EX CRV, 0 down and 299. I am leasing in FL, so i guess the 1% rule does not really apply

Forget about the 1% rule. It isn’t a worthwhile measuring stick. 1% in one situation is a great deal and in another is a horrible deal.

The 1% rule doesn’t really apply at all. It’s just an easy metric for people to cling to, that’s why it won’t die.

So do you guys think what I am getting is an OK deal?!

No idea, you didn’t give us any numbers.

What’s the lease sheet on it?

Crv EX:
Monthly: 299+tax
36/12,
Msrp 28200
Selling 25200
Mf: 0.00069
Residual: 61%
DAS $0

Sad thing is at least in Texas as well as other sale price tax in absence of tax credits, very high incentives, or unreal residuals the 1% rule is more often than not a good deal.