I got 99 problems and a Frontier ain’t one. (A new year’s guide to a transitory lease in a car you probably don’t want)

Can one still get Frontier under $400 per month w/ 0 DAS?

Is that hidden in the numbers from the brokers? I saw the Pro 4X for sub $400 from the NYC broker and I thought that included tax

I think so depending on the trim.

Has anyone gotten a Frontier recently in Florida?

I was able to get pricing from a dealer in TX. I ended up not getting it, but passed it along to someone here.

I found a dealer in TX willing to discount about $750 off MSRP and adding $200 for VIN etch. So, basically $500 off. But, giving me free window tint and other stuff. There is no sales tax either with a sales tax credit.

2022 Red S Crew Cab 4X4 with technology, splash guards, and carpet floor mats.

1 Like

Signed below. Loving this truck so far.

Any insight from people about what’s going to happen in 18 months when the market value of these trucks is definitely not 98%?

I read an article that said negotiating buyout is impossible with captive lenders, but if the market value is 35k are they really going to let you walk if you’re willing to pay 37k instead of the 47k buyout price?

1 Like

Yes. That’s how it’s been pre-COVID.

Manufacturing made their margin at MSRP, finance arm made on rent charge, and dealership gets the first right of refusal to buy and sell that car as a used/CPO whatever car.
Everyone is happy.

3 Likes

Everyone but the fleeced consumer

1 Like

You toss the keys back to Nissan and walk away. It’s not your problem, it’s NMAC’s.

7 Likes

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

8 Likes

Just thinking about what the options are for keeping these things at lease end. I guess the Tacoma redesign will (hopefully) be out by then so that might be the next move.

A. Why would you pay $37 for something that has a market value of 35?

B. They don’t waste money employing a team of people to do this stuff (constantly update pricing, give/take/reject offers, communicate with clients, etc etc.)

2 Likes

A. Wasn’t this a common decision with lease returns? Paying 1-2k extra would be worth it to me knowing the history and that it was taken care of.

So is pro4x a better value/deal this month vs S? Looking to pick one up before the end of the year.

what’s the OnePay MF? seeing different rates (.00287 vs .00268)

What’s the catch with these 99% res/ Frontier leases? Is the financing arm planning to hose all customer returns with excess w+t.

1 Like

Wouldn’t doubt it. Those trucks are a real commitment considering they’re already underwater, and will be challenger deep underwater in 18 months.

4 Likes

Nissan wants to make sure you will not have a chance in hell to flip them and they turn around inventory very fast in 18 months and sell it again plus charge you an arm and a leg in financing at 8% APR

4 Likes

Isn’t this how German car leases have always worked?

I’m wondering what the reasoning is behind the super inflated RV’s. Seems like it would be easier to move them with incentives and discounts.

But then again, I’m convinced the top of Nissan is really just a team of 13 hamsters considering how bad they’ve nosedived the brand since the 2000’s