I got 99 Frontiers but a Titan ain't one. A thread about trading a truck we don't need for a bigger truck we don't need

Surprised there’s no standalone thread for this yet. Critics are calling it the “best hp per $ lease this year so far”.

Has anyone been able to negotiate one of these themselves? I haven’t seen one of the leases written up in the calc yet. Anyone able to provide that from their clutch deal by chance?

Most importantly, has anyone inquired about how big of an L they need to take to trade in their frontier for one of these big boys?

Lease numbers from what I can gather:

18/10 RVs:
S- 93
SV- 86
Pro4x- 86
Plat Reserve- 80

18/10 MFs:
Traditional: .00361
One Pay: .00282

5 Likes

Gas station not included
That v8 a straight dog tho

1 Like

10% off a pro4x gets you around $600/mo all in. I like the tundra sr5 sport/off-road at that price more at that price and it’s not just bc I sell them. Plus you need to one pay with msds. Lots a lot of cash upfront. At a 5% yield that’s like $60/mo right there so really you’re at $650ish.

With my $6k off msrp on my sr5s I actually have the chance to have equity at lease end lowering my effective payment further. 24 month leases on tundra are just $30-40/mo more also if shorter terms are needed

Just my .02

5 Likes

Clutch has the fully loaded Pro-4X for 6550 without loyalty. That’s 365pm + TTL. Let’s call 10k (one pay + MSDs) outlay over 18 months as $500 worth of interest. So $390pm + TTL.

If I could get a tundra with leather, ventilated seats, pano moonroof, premium audio, surround cameras, front/rear parking sensors, locking tailgate, power rear window, heated wheel/mirrors/rear seats, all the off road stuff for the same price… i would be in a tundra right now.

But doesn’t look like that’s not gonna happen anytime soon, and I don’t think an SR5 is a reasonable comp to a Pro 4X.

With loyalty, we’re talking less than $300pm+TTL. Absolutely no comparison to any other (non-Nissan) truck lease for value. And the benefit of being out in 18 months without hassle of transfers etc.

2 Likes

Since I always check leases (even if I have no interest in swapping out of them), I did check my frontier and getting out of it would be a big giant L :slight_smile:

I would lose the single pay as well as a few thousand dollars more. Personally, I would rather a frontier than a titan just due to the size and gas mileage*

*real reason…will a Titan fit in my garage?

1 Like

Shouldnt surprise anyone that a lease made up entitely of rent charge would never have equity.

4 Likes

No surprise… but the past couple of years have conditioned us to expect that, through some magic, cars appreciate😆

Full 10 MSD is another .00100 off correct?

Max MSDs is 9 for one pay, 5 for traditional

The size is great and I still love the truck. But the pano roof and the ventilated seats tho :star_struck:

That’s a great deal. I was basing it on the 10% off I’ve seen. I guess he’s getting more like 15% off

1 Like

Is the deal good enough to get even you into a Nissan??

Never drove one but I have 8 months left on my 21 tundra. prob holding on to that for now and waiting it out to see what else comes up. Not sure if I’m doing another pickup. This is the longest I ever owned a vehicle and I’m super bored so might treat myself on the next car. Hoping the used market dumps soon so I can get a decent deal

2 Likes

This^ 100%, nothing comes close. Equity at lease end is always uncertain, especially 18 months from now. Furthermore, Clutch is awesome as a broker.

The Frontier was a great deal in Dec 2022/Jan 2023. Now there are better hacks out there and Clutch is giving away the Titan for Frontier pricing. :fire:

Anyone considering putting their Frontier on Swap Lease even with liability? What’s another exit strategy? Eating the one-pay would kill any future deals you get.

@Clutch people talking poop about you

1 Like