I Dare You To Lease An Arteon

If you hid the grille, I would have a hard time telling this apart from an A5 sportback.

1 Like

I’ve only seen in a Arteon once, but the resemblance is a lot less strong in-person. The A5 SB looks very sharp and sleek. The Arteon… did not, IMHO.

1 Like

The Arteon is almost as tasty as Volkswagen sausages.

1 Like

From that angle is looks a lot like a SB.

They have a lot of similar design cues but the A5 is a lot better looking.

1 Like

Why comparing it to something much better? It’s a CC, period :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t these have the hatch type trunk like a 4-series GC?

1 Like

Arteon R Line is bad ass looking.

3 Likes

Might as well add the 8 bucks for 10k, even if you don’t need it. I think it looks way better than the CC.

2 Likes

It should look better - 10 years is a lot :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Qualifier - I’ve always thought the CC was a sharp looking car :grin:

2 Likes

I did too, but in 2010 lol

So you’re saying the CC looks like the Sportback? Since the SB and Arteon look similar. :sunglasses:

CC is nice looking but when I test drove one there were terrible blind spots. Went with a GTI instead

So I’ve been itching to possibly hack one of these lately… pulled this months numbers and residuals are piss poor (typical VW) but there is some nice trunk cash on these this month ($5k)

Might work depending on what kind of pre incentive discounts dealers are giving on these …

Anyone know if 20% off (or more) pre incentive discount is feasible on these or would a dealer laugh me out if I were to offer that?

I’m targeting a R Line around $45k (the premium R Lines go up to almost $50k :scream_cat:) and figured these bad boys could not be moving

So what do you think? Do you think a dealer would sell these for 20% off (or more) off sticker pre incentives?

I don’t want to bother with it if not possible.

What makes these Arteons attractive is that their unicorns in and in themselves. Barely see them on the road. $50k for a VW? Never. But if I can lease one for cheap I’m on board…

Help me fellow mizers (I mean, Hackers)

You might be able to get 20% off pre-incentive if what you said about the 5k trunk money is true. The only way a dealer can go that deep on incentive is with trunk money.

I dunno , if that’s true, a 20-23% off pre incentive discount would make this Arteon attractive.

I see plenty of Aretons on lots, even plenty of 2019’s. I can’t imagine these are selling.

The residuals are what kill this thing but MF is near nil. $5k dealer cash on these have been confirmed.

I guess I’m going to have to do the leg work and find out lmao …I just don’t want to start something knowing it’s not going to happen.

They’re not selling, I have a close tie in with the sales department at one of the highest volume VW dealers on the East Coast… they don’t sell any VW regardless of aged inventory for a huge loss unless there’s trunk money or cash being pushed by VW.

Just because a 2019 is still on the lot doesn’t mean you’re going to get 20% to 30% purely dealer discount. They still gotta eat.

2 Likes

Oh wow: someone who missed the Phaeton (the W12 was a :unicorn: among :unicorn:) and early Touaregs.

https://www.cars.com/reviews/boston-coms-view-1420689211615/

Those two VW’s were far far further than the rest of the VW line back in 2004 than the Arteon is from the rest of the VW line in 2020. The Arteon is an American market MQB-platform Passat with sleek lines.

2 Likes

I finally saw 1 of these on the road the other day. The first one I have ever seen. Like I mentioned i have no idea why VW would even waste any money on trying once again to release such a car like this. A failure from the start