I believe this is a rotten deal, please tell me your thoughts

Here’s a deal I was sent by Palm Springs BMW. I have been trying to learn and better understand how a lease payment is calculated, so please bare with me on the gaps in my knowledge. The dealer mentioned that the MF is 0.00139 and residual is 56%. Thing is, I can’t reconstruct this pricing on the Leasehackr calculator for the life of me. Can anyone here help with that? Also, would someone with experience be able to know if the “Rebate” is a post-sale rebate or a taxed incentive?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome. It would help if you provide all the relevant details as to what you’re looking for. Model and trim, MSRP, selling price, and the incentives you qualify for. If you can even post a link to the attempted calculator, others can help.

Good luck!

Good luck with Palm Springs. I’d suggest looking elsewhere

1 Like

Yeah, talk to @avocautos

1 Like

If it’s on the lease contract, it’s a taxed incentive.

If it’s a check that shows up in the mail after the deal is done, it’s a post-sale rebate.

Yikes this is bad. Don’t sign this. Don’t deal with this store. Hire a broker.

You could probably be in an X4 M and still pay less.

You’ll always want a few breakdown to understand how the dealer is profiting on the fees.

4 Likes

Erik I have to agree with the aforementioned…this is one fugly deal might be worst seem on a 2020 X4.

3 Likes

Looks like they politely told you to take your business elsewhere and to stop wasting your time with them.

Just call up @BMW_Dave

7 Likes

The offer is terrible but for your own benefit you should learn to reconstruct it in the LH calculator

All the keys terms like selling price, MF, RV, etc are known to you.

3 Likes

Rotten for sure.
I got my car from BMW Palm Springs through @LeaseHero and they were able to get me an absolutely killer deal.

1 Like

Yikes. This is beyond rotten. Post this in worse lease deals ever. 1.2k for 68k msrp car?

I feel like I need to hear more about this for entertainment purposes. Is the Market Value Selling Price the same as the MSRP? I tried googling that VIN, and I searched their website, but I can’t find this vehicle anywhere.

Yes, the MSRP on the window sticker matches the $68,020. The salesman on the lot mentioned that the car wasn’t in their inventory yet due to having just received it. But the VIN not being found, that is strange!

Not only are they not discounting anything, but they are marking up the MF for even more profit. OP, this deal is -2% discount essentially, when other brokers can easily get you at 9-11% off.

1 Like

Thanks for the shout out @HersheySweet. @ErikJ88 - “rotten” is an understatement…

Yes this guy needs to hire @avocautos pronto!!

1 Like