Hyundai Sonata SE

Hi all

I have been quoted $114/mo with $2250 down on a 2019 Sonata SE.
Details as follows:
MSRP: $23,430
RV: $12,417
Incentives: $4250 in factory incentives and $500 lease bonus cash
Bank fee: $695
Doc fee: $395

The calculator shows a monthly price of $211 with $0 DAS and a score of 9.6

Is this a good deal?

Can you post a link to the calculator numbers? Don’t put $2250 down. We need to know term (mileage), sales price, and money factor to evaluate this deal.

You can surely get a higher discount than that. I don’t know hyundai’s MF but generally it’s low enough that there’s no sense in putting down drive offs.

Thanks. According to the calculator the MF is .001. You’re saying the discount off MSRP could be higher?

Yes, historically, Hyundais have seen high discounts and low MFs. I don’t think the calculator auto fills your MF — it just defaults to .001. You’d best double check that.

That isn’t the correct MF. That is simply a placeholder. You need to ask the dealer what MF they are using and compare it to what is given on Edmunds. Google “Hyundai Sonata MF” to find the appropriate place to ask

I think its backwards. I’ve seen pretty eh discounts and high MFs (generally around .00225) and massive rebates to make up for it.

1 Like

Times must have changed since 2015-2016. Cause the MF when I shopped a Sonata in 2015 and my Genesis in 2016 were like 1% or less :confused:

They’ve been pretty high since the current gen Elantra came out in 2017 IIRC. I’d rather have low MF and less rebates to tax, but doing it this way must be favorable tax-wise for Hyundai

I just checked google and found an MF of .0024

Did you see this deal, higher MSRP model, w/ $0 down, for about the same as your payment when you factor in the $2500/36mo.

I did see it. It’s a higher end model

Ouch. @BoardWalkNJ was right on. That sucks.

Yep. Looks good until you dig in. I need a 2 or 3 year lease under 200. Not sure where to go

You’ll have to get a large enough discount that it puts you under $200. I don’t know if they still have all the goofy incentives from years past like boost up or uber - but that was always an easy $1,000. I think generally the cheapest leases have been Kia, Hyundai and Chevy. But I don’t really follow non-luxury brand trends as much anymore so I’m not the best resource unfortunately.

Just get the SE from that dealer