Hyundai Palisade Limited lease?

Hi all

My girlfriend REALLY wants a hyundai palisade limited and ive always leased but cant seem to find a decent deal on this car at all.

I’ve been told 750-800/month!

Thoughts??

Check all the palisade threads and compare to what you are trying to accomplish.

My wife and I were looking at one for when her lease is up next year, seems to be not many good deals to be had. They are flying off the lots, there are zero incentive for dealers to make a deal. Been wing places listing for over MSRP, same with Telluride.

If she wants it that bad she’s gonna have to pay.

But for the price you can get into a fairly well equipped luxury SUV.

2 Likes

I agree w/ @Hawkeye81, have her take a look at the Volvo XC90 which is really nice and has lots of great tech. Outside of the XC90, there aren’t really any great med-large SUV’s deals on an ongoing basis.

1 Like

Since emotions are involved, I’m sure you could get her to up her budget, whatever it is. You couldn’t get a good deal before the Rona, do don’t expect anything now. Tell her to wait a year if she REALLY wants one

1 Like

2020 limiteds can be had with a decent discount off MSRP if you’re willing to shop and cast a wide net.

The 21s moved the limited down market a bit when they introduced the calligraphy trim, making it a worse value.

@AA-NJ has had some stuff in the past. But yeah Palisades are crazy, especially in hot markets like Cali, shop a XC90.

Inventory is really jammed on these with the 2020/2021 changeover. Production is just not where it needs to be to meet demand. Hyundai is increasing production and I will offer deals on this car as soon as it is economically feasible.

I’d highly recommend buying instead of leasing at this time. Plenty of dealers have no reason to discount 2020 Limiteds. Even a high volume dealer with several dozen Palisades on the lot, did not need myhelp selling them (some as high as 7k over MSRP). I don’t blame them if customers are willing to pay it. I’m at $850/month right now, and I can count the available inventory to me on one hand :confused:

1 Like

Buying one of these sounds like a terrible idea, once the hype is gone in a couple years the resale will do the standard Korean drop and the customer is left holding the bag. I’d tell people to wait or consider something else.

1 Like

There are some (albeit a much smaller amount) that are discounting these 7-8% pre-incentive as well. Just have to cast a very wide net and be willing to travel/ship.

IDK about the Palisade but I’m actually quite confident that a Telluride would have a similar resale hit over 3-4 years as a Highlander

Why do you think Palisade will have more depreciation? I thought it’s the almost the same vehicle…

Let her pay for it and be done with it. You’re in a no win situation.

1 Like

What about keeping it for 4-5 years?

Whatever floats your boat, that’s why I like leasing, 2 or 3 years and bye bye. I don’t get hung up on getting the hot ticket item though, gives you a lot more choices.

1 Like

I don’t really know enough about the Palisade to form an opinion… one thing I can compare is according to @mllcb42 you can get up to 7-8% off a Palisade Limited whereas MSRP seems to be the best deal on a Telluride SXP

Also most consumers don’t really care what’s underneath the skin… most people seem to choose based on appearance and emotional appeal

The biggest thing with the Palisades is there is a HUGE variation in selling prices. There are a lot of dealers selling at or over MSRP, and people are buying, but with some diligent shopping, you can do much better. I reached out to every dealer within 200 miles to get to where I wanted to be. One must be willing to cast a much wider net than is usually needed.

Tellurides on the other hand… I don’t know that I’ve seen that much variation. They’re basically all high. I do have much more visibility into Palisade pricing than telluride pricing though, as I don’t frequent the telluride forums.

They will depreciate the same, it’s just that allot of people will have paid MSRP or more.

Hopefully we’ll hear back from Danktastic1 sooner than 2yrs, but this thread may be dead given the 22hrs since his initial post.

1 Like

Only time will tell. First gen Honda Pilots ended up holding value pretty well. This segment is hot, so although Korean residual values are typically quite low, this could be the vehicle that starts to change that formula and resale value for Hyundai.

Let’s Spice This Up!
How about only $2000 due at sign, and $648 plus tax on 36x10. No hidden fees.