Hyundai Palisade and Kia Telluride stock

On those models, I’d seriously consider a nationwide search and ship it. It comes off a truck and needs a bath, it’s worth the hassle in this case.

Now I wouldn’t hit up every dealer in the US, but between LH and the brand-specific forums, lots of leads.

2 Likes

Generally, yes. But with a few minutes on the buying sub of the Telluride forum one can find posts like this:

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I work at a KIA dealership located in Colorado, we are one of the only dealerships that sells them at MSRP, we do ship vehicles nationwide if necessary. We do currently have 30 incoming tellurides that are still available(trim levels very). If you would like any other information please reach out through here directly or you can reach me by email as well! While ordering a telluride that has not came in yet we do need a fully refundable $500.00 deposit !

1 Like

Telluride SX vs Limited whats the difference? They seem like the similar spec’ed car.

And it seems near impossible to find and SX at MSRP anywhere.

The limited is now an irrelevant trim. They dumbed it down for 2021 vs the 2020s but didn’t adjust the price to reflect. The calligraphy trim is a whole $800 more and gets what they took for the limited and then some.

Either go SEL or calligraphy.

I dont see the point of calligraphy. Seems largely looks based improvements.

And not sure why sx is a comp. With markups making it more expensive since there is no stock it is over the price of the limited. Limited has a larger screen heated and vented seats in the 2nd row. Price seems to be the only reaso to go with an sx over limited.

I still don’t see why people rave about them so much. Drove both extensively before settling on a XC90. The Volvo is just a better car, especially at higher highway speeds. It feels more solid.

A comparably equipped XC90 would cost me more than I’m paying for my Palisade, has a smaller third row, and for me, the deal breaker was that the shoulder room in the XC90 is significantly reduced because of the B-pillar placement. The xc90 is the only current volvo product that I don’t fit comfortably in.

If it wasn’t for that later point, I’d have gotten an xc90 over my palisade.

I think it’s important to keep in mind that for the normal public, the prices we see on xc90s aren’t indicative of what they’re used to seeing. People MSRP focus, so I’m sure they rarely ever cross shop the two.

2 Likes

You bring up a great point. I had no idea that you could lease a XC90 for about the same price as a loaded Palisade until I started to frequent this website.

There’s like a $10-15k MSRP difference between a T6 Momentum and Palisade Limited with similar equipment

From my experience on the Palisade forums, hardly anyone considers leasing them too. And I don’t think it’s because they’re expensive leases; it just isn’t a brand that’s associated with that like BMW/MB.

Based on interior quality with the nappa leather, etc, you’d really need to compare against an inscription vs a momentum.

1 Like

But can you? Apples to apples?

A 2020 Palisade Limited has more features than a T6 MOM

We recently sold our XC60 T5 inscription to Vroom and got the Pallisade SEL with premium package. We, especially my wife, are very happy with the decision. We have two small boys and the increased Cargo room is great. There’s def more features in the Pallisade and the infotainment system is much easier to use. That was one of the biggest gripes with my wife. For me, having ACC in the Hyundai on longer trips definitely is an upgrade and it’s a lot more room in front especially with the rear facing car seats. In the end my wife is very happy with the change and you know what they say about a happy wife…

Probably with the advanced package too, a package which is relatively uncommon on the good XC90 deals posted in marketplace.

The Palisade will be cheaper assuming you can get anywhere near where @mllcb42 got for a discount. T6 or T8 Inscription with advanced packages seen to be 700 bucks a month plus.

On a related note, this has been a good exercise to get me thinking about my next 3 row SUV. In my VA County, a comparably equipped XC90 will cost me 100 dollars additional in tax every month compared to Palisade. Going to have to see if wife will get over her antiquated opinion of Hyundai/Kia.

Worth noting that the Volvo semiautonomous driving features are not as good as the Hyundai system, except for the lane following at very low speed.

1 Like

Would you pay more for an SX vs a Limited?

I feel like SX prestige is a closer comparison with the Limited.

I’m not a huge fan of some of the design decisions on the Telluride, nor do I think you can directly compare pricing as Kia dealers are much more set in their ways, so the Palisade would always be the winner in my personal book (and my driveway).

I really don’t understand why you are arguing personal preferences with strangers. Let’s get back on track.

What model and trim have you chosen? What’s the RV, MF and incentives as requested from Edmunds forums for your personal zip code?

1 Like