Hyundai Palisade and Kia Telluride stock

When will stock level ever recover on these SUV? Local dealers in the Seattle area are asking above sticker. And it feels wrong to pay above sticker for any car. At quoted prices its in Lexus, Acura, Volvo territory.

Hard to say, but the buzz around those two specifically is very high. I would agree, not paying above sticker or even full msrp, no lease deals to be had.

Do you need the extra space of a 3rd or just like the look of those two lines? If you need the space the Honda Pilot is a much better lease choice and bang for your buck if you’re looking to find a better deal. If you don’t need the space you can find pretty good deals on a BMW x3 or x5, Volvo x60 or x90 and for less than the cost of what you’re proposing to do.

1 Like

Here’s your problem:

Palisades can be found at a discount if you widen your net. You’ll also land a much better deal on a fully optioned out sel than you will on a limited/calligraphy.

5 Likes

Did you look through the Telluride forums to see which dealers sell without markup?

1 Like

X3 and ac60 too small. Need the 3rd row. And the x5 3rd row seems way too tight. We are coming off a highlander lease. Thats also in consideration but the amenities are just way better which even makes this a conversation.

Yup. People seem to forget that from a space standpoint, the x7 is the competitor here, not the x5.

4 Likes

Just started. Didnt even know that was a thing. Assume hyundai has something similar.

The Telluride is assembled stateside in Georgia, while the Palisade is assembled in Korea. From window stickers, they seem to come in through the port at Tacoma, so you’ve got that geographic advantage on the Hyundai. Manufacturing was hit hard by COVID and shut-downs, but has picked back up.

As others noted, these are very hot right now, and limited supply matched with high demand means dealers will continue to charge whatever they want for them.

You say that, and yet people continue to get 7-10% pre-incentive on palisades when casting a wide net, even with covid shut downs going on.

2 Likes

If memory on this forum serves me right, I’ve only seen 2 cases on this forum of people getting discounts on these vehicles, one being obviously you…

3-4 here, and lots of cases of it on the palisade forums.

To be fair, there are many more cases of people paying around msrp, but there are no shortage of people getting great discounts.

1 Like

Unrealistic with current stock levels - $1k back invoice is feasible if you work hard enough. Haven’t seen anyone get anything past that

1 Like

Ive seen 4-5 21 calligraphies and limiteds reported at 6.5-7.5% in the past two weeks.

1 Like

TBF the Telluride conversation is only a purchase conversation on the SX due to lower RV.

24/12 on the EX might be the sweet spot but run the calculator to see

2 Likes

What about a pilot or xc-90? They can and will lease better, lower mo pmt. Just an idea.

The palisade and telluride do look really sharp. I get the appeal.

The lack of inventory so far after rollout is amazing. Within 50 miles of me there are about 1000 Highlanders (hybrid+ regular engine) available but only 150 Telluride/Palisades (“twins’”). And it’s not just a sales ratio issue. In Q4 2020 the highlander only outsold the twins by 30%. But as someone in the market for a three row crossover for my soon to be 2 child household I see why the twins are so hot. They are bigger and have a nicer interior based on equivalent trim/Option levels. Highlander is na solid effort but IMO doesn’t dethrone the twins as number one three row crossover.

2 Likes

generally you have to order one to get MSRP

They stopped production in Feb 2020 and June 2020. No reports so far linking the microcontroller shortage to production.

I see 3,968 new Palisades and 2,487 Tellurides on the ground, not exactly a glut given the demand.

Before we venture further into the land of 3-row SUVs alternatives (which OP didn’t ask for, doesn’t seem interested in), it’s been discussed:

https://forum.leasehackr.com/search?context=topic&context_id=328766&q=3%20row%20suv&skip_context=true

1 Like

Where are they getting deals? In my area its anywhere from 4-7K over sticker. Which is just crazy. I get how supply and demand works, but thats just nuts. Hard to justify paying that much over sticker.

Gotta reach out to more dealers and be willing to travel a bit. When I got mine, I reached out to basically every dealer within 250 miles. There were many dealers (including one that posted on here) that wanted $5k over MSRP post-incentive. I ended up paying $6k under msrp post-incentive. There was one other dealer in that market that had actually done deeper deals than that, but they were impossible to work with when I tried.

I’ve seen aggressive deals come out of florida, socal, illinois, ohio, etc. You just have to be willing to work a lot more for it than a normal deal.

1 Like