Months:36
Annual Mileage:10k
MF:.00028
Residual:19553
Incentives:18500 (17000+1500 CCRP)
Region:So Ca
Leasehackr Score:20
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

So if you remember me I got a similar car about 4 months ago.

And that was the best for the Kia Premium EV package. But following marketing place I was intrigued by a post from OmegaAutoGroup where they show the entire cost already factored out

And I thought, oh what the heck lets sort by Monthly price and look at the costs. And I found some nice Ioniqs for $90/month. But I wanted an SUV. A month later a new car pops up.
All of a sudden this was a car I was interested in. It was Cheap $108 and was an SUV with a Sunroof.
So I did a little sleuthing and got this hacker link to match up. (See Below)

So I went in to order this car, They said Chat, it was no good, they said send an SMS, it was no good, so I finally CALLED (It said to do that as well). Seth answered the phone and said they were very busy but if I apply online (not talk to Carson Chat Bot), then they can move forward. So I did that on a Sunday night. I put down the 3 color choices I wanted as well as Zero Drive off. I noticed that the color I wanted was all the way in Palmdale (70m drive) On Monday Seth called me back and said it would be up to 5 days to get the car due to how busy they were. Well it took 7. (He was talking to me every 2 days BTW). On the 7th day, a guy from a Hyundai Dealership shows up with my car, I spend some time inspecting the car (a lot actually), and after a total of 20 mins , all paperwork was signed and he left (in an Uber of all things).

So after 7 days of waiting impatiently, and 20 mins later the car is mine. (Compared to the 4 hours we spent in the dealership for the other car) And since it was delivered, I didn’t even have to walk very far.

Original Hack:

Now that I have a Hyundai and a Kia, what are the differences? Well for 1 I have the Limited and the other is the Premium so the Kia has a few more things such as bigger screens and sound system.

Pros :

• a very low reverse sound. (The Kia is as loud as a trash truck when reversing)
  • A higher display, much easier to read
  • HOMELINK!!! The Kia does not offer this.
  • 2 Level Center Console
  • Push button transmission
  • Sunroof that has more than 1 position of ‘Up’ (When you just want the tilt)
  • Hard rear deck (Kia’s is like roll top blinds)
  • Slightly smaller car.
  • Making Left or Right Turns makes a ‘flashlight’ show up on the side you are turning. Very nice.

Cons :

• No auto folding mirrors.
  • No Cooled seats (Just heated)
  • Fixed Size Cup holders (Kias are really large)
  • No Automatic Follow Cruise Control (Maybe the Ultimate has it?)
  • Slightly smaller rear legroom.
  • California EV Registration ! It’s like $400
  • Basically a Chevy Bolt with a sunroof. (Don’t know but they are the same outside size.
  • The rear seats on the drivers side is basically useless as the missing 3" (From the Kia) makes it impossible for anyone to sit comfortably.

So all in all, I liked using a broker this time instead of going direct, and the time saved not sitting in a dealership (Which was entertaining in it’s own way when a guy came in looking for a discount 6 months later) is well worth the broker fee.

5 Likes

Thanks for writing this up. This is a very economical lease.

ugh it seems i missed this deal…ugh

Not sure where You located but I have seen LH brokers from East coast offering similar deals. Very limited stock but IMO is not too late.
Good luck

1 Like

The deal is about $50 higher per month currently, so a search on the Marketplace for Hyundai

hmmm… Not for NY residents

Is this still available ? And how did you get $17000 dealer incentives? I’m seeing 10500

Oh I see this is for the 2020

Incentives and such from 3+ months ago aren’t valid. You need current numbers.

Yep, I’m seeing 10500, but even 3 months ago on edmunds forum I don’t see 17,000

Probably included some of the CA rebates, possibly the income dependent ones

Dealers include this? Only one of the CA incentives is approved before dealership lol and they all ran out. that would get close but still not $17,000

This is what I’m asking for at dealership:

Were you able to score a deal on a Hyundai ?