Hyundai Genesis lease turn in questions

So, I have a 2015 Genesis that is due in August. I have a ding in the bumper that jacked up the exhaust tip and has a few puncture holes in it. Hyundai sent me something that said that holes in body panel/bumper any size would be charged $200. Would they just charge me $200 to fix this when my local body shop would charge $1000? Can post pictures if needed.

are you not leasing a 2018? I recently received a 3-month pull ahead offer (I’m up in Sept on my '15) and waive up to $500 on wear & use. I had a local dealer work up some numbers and they’re not attractive at this point so will hold onto mine.

I haven’t seen any attractive offers as well. That may change. I got 5,000 miles to burn and I plan on using them.

Get a price from a local shop regarding the damage fix, I never trust a manufacture when they say “only $200”. They will jack that up massively when they get the car. I’ve seen it happened before. Try getting it fixed before hand as it’ll be a piece of mind.

Local shops quoted $1200.

Hey, I just turned in my 2015 Genesis last months. I did the pre-inspection, where a person comes and inspects your car at your house before your lease runs out. This gives you a chance to get any faults found fixed at any other place. What he finds and charges, is what Hyundai will eventually charge. If you just want a rough estimate, the HMF website has an estimate page here: https://www.hmfusa.com/lease-end-self-assessment/?icid=menu4

For example, I had a 2 foot crack in my front windshield, and 2 rock-chips. The estimate on the website said $305 for the window, which is what the pre-inspection had down, and which eventually Hyundai charged me after receiving the car.

Get in touch with Hyundai Finance to get the number for your pre-inspection provider ASAP. My front bumper had a crack in it, but they only charged for a scratch. My total out of pocket was $500 (with scratch+window) at the end of the lease. If I had gotten those fixed at body-shop/window replacement places, it would’ve cost me more than $800. I feel like Hyundai charges Sonata/Elantra prices for the Genesis repairs!

1 Like

That is awesome and exactly the type of info I was hoping to hear. If I lease another Genesis I might not have to pay a thing.

Yeah! I wouldn’t be driving a Mercedes C300 had Genesis released their G70 on schedule!

Someone on LH that prefers Genesis over Mercedes??? Scandal!

1 Like

I go for bang for the buck, haha. I got the $38k, 2015 Genesis for $300/mo with $800 in drive-offs. I got a $48k, 2018 C300 loaner for $345/mo with $500 in drive-offs.

2 Likes

I hear ya. I’m in the same boat. C300 is a little small and slow for me though

Hopefully, they offer some decent lease deals soon.

1 Like

FYI guys. Genesis lease end values are way off. $24,355 residual and car max offered me $19k.

1 Like

It seems like buying a lightly used Genesis might be the way to go these days.

Too bad I have zero confidence in the long term reliability of the car (and more importantly the brand).

Need to do some research.

1 Like

My payoff was about $29k and the dealer I turned to car in had it last listed for $23.5k. I don’t know if it was sold to a customer for about that price or it went to auction but the car did sit in the lot for about 3 months with price dropping by $1k every few weeks…

After 45k miles the only problems I have had was dealer related.

Looks like I’m in the same boat as a couple of you. I have to schedule my pre-inspection and turn in my 2015 Genesis Ultimate in late August (in NJ).

Lease numbers for a 2018 Genesis Sport or Ultimate are absurd (at least $100 more per month than what I pay now). Hoping that I can find another good value lease in a car with a decent amount of technology and that is at least somewhat fun to drive (hired lease broker Benedetto to see if he can help as well).

I think the Genesis is a good car. The problem is that there are other cars with a better pedigree for the same or less money. There isn’t many being sold and I don’t see me leasing another. Maybe this company will be short lived. I read they only sold 700 some units last month across the country.

Genesis Sales Slip for Sixth Straight Month As Upstart Brand Readies Another Sedan

Shared from my Google feed

And there is zero reason to deal with a huandi dealership for service and support if you can go to Lexus or Infiniti etc