Hyundai Evolve Retail Financing

. While investigating lease end options, I found a Hyundai program called Hyundai Evolve Retail Financing. Not to be confused with just plain Hyundai Evolve, which is a auto subscription service, Evolve Retail is apparently a ballon financing option meant to incorporate elements of both buying and leasing.

Best I can tell, you finance the depreciation - at a higher interest rate than leasing - but the rent charge is deferred as part of a balloon payment at the end of term, but you don’t have to make the payment if you return the car.
2022-hmf-retail-advantage-brochure (1).pdf (3.4 MB)

None of the dealers I’ve spoken to have any idea about it.

Anyone know how it works?

Well considering you are in CA, that’s why no one knows

https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/how-it-works-hyundai-evolve-retail-financing

1 Like

Thanks. I had actually seen that. But nobody can give me an interest rate or confirm that the residual is the only amount that’s financed. Not sure that’s a California thing or a Hyundai thing.

Also that carsdirect article is from 2022 - I’ve seen elsewhere that it’s now available in all states except like Maryland and DC and one or two others…

call up a TX dealer and ask. It’s not that hard, a CA dealer won’t do your ‘homework’ as they only care for things they can control.

I’ll try that.