Hyundai EV sales up by 100% in March 2024

EV sales for the brand are up through the first three months of the year, surging by 62 percent for the quarter and 100 percent for March.

The bulk of that growth came from the new Ioniq 6, which Hyundai is eager to lease one to you for cheap. Sales jumped 1,542 percent for the quarter and 794 percent last month compared to 2023. Hyundai moved 1,984 Ioniq 6 sedans the previous month. It sold 3,646 electric crossovers in Q1.

The Ioniq 5 also saw its sales increase, but less dramatically, although it did set a sales record. They rose 58 percent for the month and 18 percent for the quarter. The company sold 3,361 Ioniq 5s in March and 6,822 of them so far this year.

As someone who got an Ioniq 5 last month, I am happy to have contributed to Hyundai’s EV sales numbers. :grin:

1 Like

Selling a car and giving one away aren’t the same thing.

1 Like

Selling scared isn’t selling, it’s no better than working a sample counter at Costco.

Unlike EQS mania, I don’t believe Hyundai dealers near me were giving them away.

It was only weeks ago you could lease one for $66 a month, and they threw in a portable DVD player.

A year or two from now, these lease returns will pile up at dealerships and will be available for super cheap prices.

1 Like

Not even sure how many folks were able to jump on that broker deal for the (cheapest Ioniq 5) SE standard range trim. I believe taxes and fees were additional.

1 Like

I wonder if any dealers are still doing decent deals on these with whatever new incentives there are

Per Edmunds, it looks like incentives remain the same. Not sure about RV or MF though. I am sure there will still be deals out there.

1 Like

*with an unknown DAS … and IDK if anyone was ever delivered one. So did that deal really exist?

In any case it’s easy to be snarky about someone else’s deal.

What’s the point of this forum if the reaction to someone’s deal is shade like “well they just had to give that car away”

MB is giving away EQEs and EQSs and I’m driving a practically-given-away e-tron GT.

It’s literally why we’re here.

Relax.

1 Like

I would say that folks on LH are getting some pretty amazing deals on EVs. Not sure about the general public. :grin: