Hyundai elantra for $283

I’m in PNW. I was trying to get a lease on a 2020 elantra value edition 15k/36 months. I explained to the dealer that I want the price before rebates to be $17999 (as it says on their site) + 1000 rebate from hyundai (as per their site).

Instead it looks like they made the price 17999 total + taxes/fees and the payment is nearly $283 on an elantra.

I’m not sure how the 283 number is calculated:

Shouldn’t it be (Selling price + Taxes/fees - Residual)/36 months? That gives me 260~ and I’m hoping for $210-230. I know it’s not leasehackr worthy but it’s tough in Seattle.

I’m thinking it might just be better to buy the Elantra for 16,999 as advertised. My wife needs it to drive 50 miles a day x 5-6 days a week.

Any advice?

1 Like

Can’t forget the rent charge on top of that. .00238 mf is going to hurt a lot.

What you need to do is leave the dealership and not go back until you’ve done a lot more research.

Ahh that makes sense. Duh. Wondering if I should just buy it at this point because of the high mileage requirement.

I have a $230 deal on corolla SE too

You should step back and figure out what a good lease should be and then go from there.

This post makes me say no

I’m not sure about North West region programs, with south Florida programs I can squeeze it to 239 plus tax for 36x15 on Value edition with only First and tag due at sign. If you happen to be Millitary or Nurse you get an extra $1000 for Memorial Day, could put you at 212 plus tax.

1 Like

As far as her name is on the contract, Photo ID should work. However they reserve the right to request paystubs as a proof…

How many dealers have you got quotes from(I think there’s more car out there for the money)? @vinji I’m not trying to rain on your parade, but I’m not sure how much sense it’s makes for the OP to get a car from florida, he’s in the PNW.

Not at all! I threw the numbers for him to know the ballpark. I don’t expect him to overpay to ship the car cross country. I’m sure we got enough brokers and dealers here closer to him to help him make it happen :+1:

1 Like

I’m playing with some numbers now and looking around the seattle area, I’d like to see the OP lease a sonata for what this dealer is quoting an elantra

Here’s a hypnotically on this car using the price on this dealers website and edmunds number for residual etc, left out the first responder rebate but also showed no doc fee, left tax at 9%, dial the tax in and add the $500 rebate, bump it up to 15k, this could be the car.

https://www.skagithyundai.com/auto/new-2020-hyundai-sonata-sel-burlington-wa/45302226/

Just looked up the MF on that elantra, looks like they marked it up all the way and they are hitting you with a $199 aftermarket :-1:

Thanks for the suggestion. I did end up getting them down to $259

And then again down to 250 (no picture of the sheet this time).

I just used cargurus to find the lowest offer and went with that.

How much is DAS?

Your wife worked hard in med school and gonna drive 50 miles a day! Are you sure you want her first experience of residency to be an elantra? With first responder, the Volvo programs are the best this month! The Volvo will prepare both of you for the fine luxury automobiles in your near future( once she finishes residency). Congrats.

Examples of relatively affordable volvo deals

2 Likes

That’s how I found that Sonata, not sure why you want to lease a cloth elantra so bad. The Sonata seems like a better deal.

Ha, well typical dealer, their discount includes additional rebates, even though they have the rebate broken out. What a bunch of jack holes, maybe stick with the elantra.

You’re right. Typical dealer :man_shrugging:t4: have to shop it between the two

They’re saying 0. Hoping they don’t go back on it once I walk in

How good did you end up doing?

1 Like

I ended up financing a 2018 for $12k, better features. We need 16k miles/year for 4 years and a lease wasn’t making sense, used prices have dropped.

2 Likes