Hurry and lease your favorite German sedan

Careful with CPO Teslas. Once you’re out of warranty, you are at the whim of Tesla dealers for parts and repairs. If you thought German cars were expensive to repair…

I based my statement on a friend who works in advertising but I can’t 100% prove it without access to C&Ds or Motortrends private analytics (they are by far the two biggest car magazines). However, C&D does put some demo info out which I linked to below. C&Ds info shows their readership is older, wealthier and much more likely to be married than the population as a whole. These are all characteristics consistent with white people (census and bureau of labor statistics info show that white people are older on average than population as a whole, are more likely to be married and wealthier than population on average)

I am painting in broad strokes but it is unlikely with the provided numbers that C&Ds readership isn’t whiter than the population as a whole.

http://www.caranddrivermediakit.com/r5/showkiosk.asp?listing_id=4167974

so do you guys think I will still be able to get a 2018 model at the end of Q3 for normal price? I would think they would already be on lot already lol

yeah, just like China, EU, Mexico, Canada, tough stances, and they throw him a bone, YUUUUUUGE win for the U.S.

Yes, there are horror stories and goodwill stories about expensive repairs. Here is a goodwill one: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/teslas-goodwill.114900/

Jeez, everyone calm down.

The article quotes a German magazine as the sole basis for the story. The magazine itself quotes “several unnamed U.S. and European diplomats” as its source. Why don’t we talk about this when there’s actually something to talk about?

Even if this were to have happen, tariffs are - to put it mildly - very complicated, from a legal perspective. No one can slap a tariff on German cars overnight, short of declaring war - things just don’t work that simply.

Here is wsj for you

1 Like

I really need to be less cheap and just buy a sub to WSJ.

1 Like

Last call to stay on cars and not get personal or this whole thing goes to Landfill

Edit: Used my impeccable judgement to move off-top to Landfill

I don’t have a subscription to the WSJ, so unfortunately I can’t read the story.

Even so, this kind of proves my point. There’s a big difference between the two headlines. Consider:

“The Trump Administration Looks Into New Tariffs on Imported Vehicles”

vs.

“Trump wants to ban German luxury carmakers in the U.S.”

The WSJ article indicates (as best I can tell) that they are feeling the issue out, and opposition is expected. The CNBC article, in contrast, indicates that there will be a flat out ban on German cars. That’s what leads to reactionary posts on message boards where people freak out for no reason. :sunglasses:

Like I said, let’s get excited about this when there’s actually something worth getting excited about.

WSJ article is a week old and we know how fast decisions can be made in the current White House. One day - summit cancelled, next day it’s still on.

Maybe, but like I said, tariffs are complicated. If it was that easy, they would gone ahead and just done it already.

Right. But everything in governing a country is complicated, yet we have tariffs on steel today that may not be there tomorrow.

Ok, sorry about it, these things can get heated. Delete if deemed necessary.

Trump can’t just expect other countries to bend over

Its funny. This topic generated so many replies in such a quick fashion shows how heated things are. Reminds me of after communism fell. People squabbled which party was better, meanwhile people at the top of both parties got rich beyond wild dreams. So they fought eachother at day as a show and at night they divided the money. And just want to say you cannot throw the word dictatorship around that easily unl3s you lived under one. This is still the greatest country in the world as it was under Obama, Bush, etc.

Now hope no matter our differences, we can be friends and still help eachother out.

As i have said in another topic, American carmakers produce in other countries, will they get tariffs as well?

1 Like

More to the point

3 Likes

Always gotta one up :grin:

Flexing my mods muscles.