How would this lease buy-out work out? (Buying lease out while living out of state temporarily)

, ,

How would this play out?

I leased a car in AZ with AFS (Audi R8), I then moved (temporarily 6 months-1 year) to Oregon. I changed my address with AFS and they removed the sales tax from my lease ($200/month) I still have AZ plates and registration. The question is can I buy out the lease while im here (save $$$ on taxes), and go back to AZ transfer the title with the same plates and registration or would I need to register in OR? Pretty confused…

Personally, for the legit tax advantage I would title and register in Oregon. Then let the future play out as it tends to do, despite ‘plans’.

Oh Im in CA but I would totally register my car in OR if I can have my friends agree to it

Personally, I don’t post my sketchy tax avoidance plans to the internet, but does OR not have a law stating that residents must register their car in the state, I remember PA had some laws about it when we moved back from NYC so look into that.

IIRC, just register the car in OR then buy it there, then reregister it in AZ if that would be advantageous to you financially.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.