How to work the deal?

It’s alright. Thanks for owning up to it.

The coverup is always worse than the crime.

• Bill Clinton ← probably not true, but it makes for a good quote attribution

I usually say “I’m looking at both options” when asked about whrther I’m in interested in a buy or lease.

1 Like

The easiest to use:

http://www.ridewithg.com/rwg-calculator/

I made a spreadsheet for tax levied on sales price, with BMW and MB MSDs built-in. The monthly payment are based on $0 down.

Put all your numbers into orange cells and all others will be calculated.

Feel free to test and let me know if this works.

Heres what has worked for me in the past, go in ask for a breakdown of the lease, with specifics not just a monthly and total due at signing, and make an offer on the sales price and call them out on any MF markup or anything like that, if they don’t want to accept your offer, say thank you for your time and walk right out the door, if they know youl walk they will be more willing to work with you. Good luck!

Anyone here try to negotiate exclusively over email without stepping foot into the dealership… car delivered to your home or office?

You can, but IMO a beating heart in the dealership has a lot more pull than over the internet.

Not true, what I do is email multiple dealers and make them battle each other out to get my business. Best deal wins.

Cool.

Do they deliver the car to your home or office?

If so, how do they try and sell you the extra F&I B.S. - right at your home or before they deliver the car?

All that just depends on the dealer really, I think most will deliver and, depending on distance, charge some fee.

I think the topic of home/office delivery is HUGE.

It blocks the dealership from hitting our emotional buttons.

It turns a 5-hour dealership visit into a 5 minute transaction.

One popular podcaster in New York (James Altucher) constantly moans that no dealer will deliver a car to his house. He even said he would pay MSRP for this.

Most car buying services/concierges list home delivery as one of their benefits.

I wish more people could post stories of successfully avoiding the dealership altogether.

If they know you (previous owned a car from that manufacturer) bought the car from that dealership they will deliver the car to you. You have to finish all of the paperwork/ contract before hand and fax back to the finance person Aka the deal need to be finish dmv paperwork has to be issued. expect to pay abit more, cant get the cheapest price and free delivery. There is no free lunch.

Most of the time they prefer you to come in. I also prefer to see the car and inspect the car before i sign the contract. Dont want any dings, scratch and problem on the car before i sign the deal.

If the number works out via email and you have all of the paperwork needed (insurance, money and good credit) the deal wont take you more than 1hr at the dealership.

You spend hours in dealerships (in your own words). What’s the problem then to go there and sign the lease? Scared of finance guys? Just say “no” to anything you don’t want.

Because time is our most precious commodity.

I do not want to waste their time. And I do not want them to waste my time.

I would rather email a bunch of dealerships, get the best price, have the car delivered to me, sign papers then go out and celebrate.

But…

Dealerships do not like this.

For obvious reasons.

I do not even own a fax.

Can it all be done by email? Is it “legal?”

How do car buying services make this happen?

the guy hate the dealer and truly want to hack the dealer. On other thread he wants to make a real good deal yet want to break the contract by drive more mileage and get some money back by resell the car at the end of the lease. :grimacing:Hand down to this :unicorn: :laughing:

I said to go there and sign the lease. If you have deal in place over emails, this takes 15 minutes.

As others have said, work your deal through email, and I would definitely recommend going to the dealership to inspect the car and take it for a test drive.

If the deals already worked out it’s a matter of signing the papers. It won’t take hours.

Dude.

You sure do like to stir the pot with me.

I am asking simple questions. Questions that lots of lurkers probably are asking to.

By the way, did you go to the Helen Keller School of Spelling?