How to use GM rewards points to purchase at lease end?

My 2023 Bolt lease ends in a month. It’s with GM Financial. It was a one pay lease and the car was swapped from a 2020 Bolt to 2023 Bolt in early November 2022. I want to buy the car using $400+ in GM Rewards points (the loyalty program not the credit card) towards the purchase price.

It looks like on the gmfinancial website in my account I can apply points, but it’s not clear if those points will be applied to the payoff amount. It shows I have one monthly “payment” left, due in 10 days, but that’s not a real payment since it’s a one pay lease. If I apply my points will it go against the faux payment due or to the payoff? I called GM Financial and they redirected me to Rewards because they didn’t seem to know.

I just want to buy out the car and use the points. Should I use a dealer for this or GMF? Asking on here in case someone has done this before.

@chevysalesgirl - do you know?

you can apply up to $500 in points to your monthly payment but that’s about it - if i remember correctly there’s a yearly limit which is also….$500

I did a one pay lease. If I apply the points in my GM Financial account, will it reduce my payoff?

I’m trying to find someone at GMF who knows but so far I haven’t been successful

my understanding is points are only used towards CPO and new purchases not lease buyouts.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.