How to unwind brand new lease?

AFS lease buyout is actually pretty good. They just make you pay the non rent part of the monthly payments and the residual.
I got a Q5e in Dec but am not really happy with it. Trading it in for a Q5 (non e) and actually got a quote from Vroom higher than what I paid off to AFS and Audi dealers are matching the vroom quote.

That’s what they make you pay. They don’t offer the same numbers to 3rd parties that you’re looking to sell to.

Yes. Thats why I bought it from AFS and now selling it.

Actually being in VA helps since no sales tax if you’re buying out the lease so the same might not be true for all locations.

Most locations require you to pay sales tax on the buy out. CA does not if you resell within 10 days, but then you’re rolling very expensive dice that nothing gets held up.

That is because you paId tax on the entire vehicle at inception.

2 Likes

I get what you’re saying but that’s not how it works around here. Nothing to do with yours or mine, it’s about choices/respect, sharing the driveway/garage, and all those other intangibles that form the infrastructure of the Ball​:comet: & :chains: Chain.

You need to get a better agent. :slight_smile:

You got that right! OP definitely needs a better agent, and may need a (better) attorney.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.