How to take advantage of large amount of Positive Equity when new leases have gone up too?

, ,

What if the 4K is gone when your lease is up but new prices don’t change much? Personally I would take the 4K and get into a newer model or something else.

1 Like

There is def something to be said for this. Im somewhere in the middle on this, since Im ok upping the budget by 50-60, so the 4k becomes like 1500ish profit

But it’s hard to swallow that idea of mid-upper 400s for a GC Laredo lol. But thats just emotional

Hasn’t LH taught you anything lol. Effective payment!!

1 Like

haha LH has taught me a lot, namely that if I dont check every box in the book in order to impress internet strangers, I’ve failed!

4 Likes

I had a similar scenario recently. I had 9 payments left on a 2018 Accord. Carvana paid $3k over lease buyout. I ended up leasing a 2020 Volvo V90 CC for only slightly more than I was paying for the Accord. Even though the market might not be the most advantageous right now, I decided to take advantage of the positive equity in the Honda.

3 Likes

Right so this is an ideal scenario. If anything thats a major upgrade. I just want another GC or at least something comparable

1 Like

In any normal times if you could get out of your lease free and clear after 24 months you would take it in a heartbeat. This is effectively the same thing.

2 Likes

Ya youre right. I’ll have to re-evaluate. Only risk is that things level out by May, and im paying a ton more than I should. But by then, ill have made enough on this to pay for the diff

Yeah, definitely a big upgrade. I was overpaying for my Accord anyway and the V90 was $15 per month more.

Or my personal favorite, buy all the used Hondas that don’t depreciate :rofl:

You should be able to do better than that onna grand Cherokee limited, limited x, overland. Im in the same boat but with a limited trying to get something better for around the same price ~400 a month as I pay now and making 3k on my current. I got a limited x quote for 497 / 800 drive off and a 47k limited for 20 less a month. Giving up hope for getting it at what I want but if you’re aiming for high 4s you can get a well equipped GC if you shop around. Other dealers have given me low 500s. Make sure you tell them you’re leasing a GC already. Big incentives for loyalty

I think that car4us broker has no inventory. Sent him two msgs but no response.

Im aiming for high 300s to 400, not high 400s. And they all know I have loyalty. But ya, Im giving up hope as well lol

I actually just got a quote for 425 on a North Edition, 40,300 MSRP, so I may ask for a bit more off (as it was their initial offer) and take that deal if @Cars4Us doesnt answer me

I’m with @LeaserOC here. I know you want the same car but I feel like this is where total lease cost actually comes in handy. Isn’t anything within 4K of the total lease cost for what you would consider a “good lease” worth taking the cash now? Not to mention time value of money.

Anyways, work some leads for the next week or two and see what you can come up with. You might be surprised with what your options are if you work hard enough

1 Like

I’d agree to wait and see what’ll lease well now, but the Carvana offer has already dropped by $200, so Im not sure how long I can take

Just an update - I never heard back from @Cars4Us, plus every dealer was quoting me high 400s to mid 500s for a 40k GC North Edition.

However, that one dealer who was at 439 came down a bit more, plus we were able to apply 1st responder rebate, getting the payment to $415/month with $415 DAS, 36/12 (even tho 42 month term was way better, we cannot go out of warranty on Jeep. Both our GCs spent a lot of time in the shop! See here:
[1/12/19 UPDATE] 2018 Jeep GC needs entirely new transmission. Dealer says Chrysler won’t have part for at least 2 weeks. What are my Lemon Law options? (NJ))

I’ve placed the deposit and they will deliver to our home. All I need to do now is accept the Carvana offer and once I have the check, Ill take delivery of the new car. Even at the higher payment, we are still about $1600 ahead

1 Like

So why do you want to go back to FCA’s notorious quality (or lack thereof) again?

2 Likes

lol fair question - bc we still love our GCs, and while its super annoying to have them in shop, it’s still covered. Not saying it’s 100% rational, but the GC fulfills 100% of our needs in all other respects.

Obviously it should be covered by warranty. That and the measly reimbursement FCA offered you was nowhere near worth all the time wasted.

And to your second point, it’s a 2-row SUV. Literally everyone makes one.

But it’s your time and your money

2 Likes

Just an update - sold out 2018 GC to Carvana today for $3,800 positive equity. And yesterday took delivery of a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee North Edition.

MSRP: $40,480
$415/month, $415 DAS
36/12k miles

Even with a higher payment than the 2018, we are almost 2k ahead. Also to take into account, the 2018 was MSRP 38k, and this 2020 has a lot more features included in the 2k of additional MSRP (Alpine 9 speaker sound with subwoofer, Active noise control, Quadra Trac II, 8.4 inch display with Navigation, pleather/suede seats, 18" Aluminum rims, Blind spot monitor, rear cross traffic alert, weather mats, engine block heater, hill descent control, 4G hotspot)

Goodbye 2018 Laredo:

7B35ECDD-321C-49A7-9382-0C932190A431

Hello 2020 North

96C98162-C35D-4AD2-84D0-7AD59792D4AE

3 Likes

Nice work, congratulations!

3 Likes