How to negotiate a customized vehicle?

, , , ,

When you at the dealership building a vehicle the way you want it, do you still negotiate the price at the end of building it? Or that price is set and cant be dropped?

Depends. There was a thread on custom

@Axz105 and @Nypharm IIRC.

If you order something they can easily sell if you flake out you can probably negotiate a pretty good deal.

If you order some goofy combination that they might get stuck with then they’ll probably want more profit because of the risk to them should you flake out.

Any incentives available now may or may not be available when your build gets delivered. Incentives may be better or worse. Roll the dice.

Also as I recall, there is no guarantee that the manufacturer will actually build your vehicle if it doesn’t fit into their planned production program. They’ll try to accommodate you but if for whatever reason it impacts their build schedule then you’ll be out of luck

So say the dealership builds it and the end price with destination is 40k… you can get % off of that price? And if you do when do you negotiate that price? After delivery of the vehicle or same day after ordering the vehicle? I was trying to inquired on a Subaru STI and they’re pretty much extinct by my area so the salesman said my only option is just to build one and wait a few months for it to get here so i just want to know how that works…

When you order a custom jeep, I would get deal done prior to order. Leave deposit that can be refunded if anything happens. Most dealers won’t do that. If you need help pm me.

@Nypharm gave me my Jeep contact but I have ordered all my cars in the past as well. Our XC90s never required a deposit, but we have been at the same dealer dating back to the original XC90 release. We ordered BMWs when overseas, and ordered previous jeeps before as well. Some took refundable deposits, others not. We always came to a agreed upon discount off msrp before incentives and then applied whatever incentives were available that month. Also agreed to base MF.

Regardless, it’s nice driving a car that you know was built for you, my Jeep Window stickers all my name on them and it’s nice getting to pickup a car that you know nobody else even had the chance to purchase.