How To Lease Without Proof Of Income?

There’s a thread on this on off ramp. Many lenders don’t verify income for the majority of apps (NISSAN checks none!), but that doesn’t mean that having no verifiable income, falsifying it or lying about it is okay :facepunch: if you put $0 income on a lease app you will be rejected PERIOD unless it’s through some sh*t subprime lender like credit acceptance Corp. Then you’re the 18 year old kid with the bad ass car pissing away hundreds of dollars a month to said subprime lenders on finance charges…

The lighter credit profile you have the more they stip for it. I’m assuming you have tier one credit and a solid history which is presumably why you haven’t been stipped for it.

It also varies by bank, Chase sucks. I had a client that stated $375k a month in income and had a $12M mortgage get stipped for POI by Chase. He was tier one as far as score and credit profile goes.

3 Likes

What’s POI?

Proof of Income I believe

3 Likes

Proof of Income

10,000,000% true

Toooooo obvious thanks!

When we leased a Terrain last year GMF didn’t ask for POI (using it!). However the sales manager asked me 8-10mos later for POI because they were being audited by GMF. I happily obliged :slight_smile:

Here’s the Nissan thread: Dealers falsify incomes

2 Likes

I had the same thing happen with my volvo

2 Likes

Lease assumptions are almost always more difficult to qualify for than one at inception, BMW included.

1 Like

Same, never have I been asked to verify income. The banks are not asking for stubs or calling HR.

I do have 800+ score tho. Simply state your income and I pretty sure it’s off your score once they pull it.

You missed it…no proof of income. So how good that source be.

They won’t lease without proof of income. I bought my first car on my own at 20, and I also had over 700 credit score. Since I had no auto history, they needed to bump the MF and also need proof of income. That was at VW. I was also looking into a new BMW and it was similar requirements.

1 Like

I’ve only ever needed proof of income on my first finance, which was a F150 in my companies name, because the company had no credit history, they needed me as a PG with POI.

The truck was paid off and never went on my credit as it was in my companies name.

When I got my first lease in my name (BMW), they didn’t ask for POI. Stated POI was good enough for them, despite the fact that I was in my early 20’s and had no auto or property trade lines on my credit at the time. I did have some decently high limits on my credit cards and average age of accounts was something like 2-1/2 to 3 years though.

It’s pretty rare that banks ask for POI nowadays unless credit is trash or completely no history. I’ve known many people that lie or inflate their income (even if they don’t need to) - I do not condone this. However, an interesting thing I learned working at a few dealerships is that some banks ask for household income, not individual income. If someone has good enough credit and their spouse/parents/whatever have good income, they can get auto approved without stips.

You hardly ever have to show proof of income if you are tier 1 no matter what car brand it is. You can still get approved by bmwfs at your age.

I just applied to Jaguar FS for a $143k MSRP car, and because I’m 21 and this is my first auto loan they did want POI. I do have tier 1 credit, maybe if it was for a cheaper car they wouldn’t have asked for POI.

1 Like

I never had to show POI with BMW, Lexus/Toyota, or Infiniti. I figure they run some type of credit report that also shows employer history.

I also leased a BMW for my business and only provided an EIN.

Is it more expensive to lease using an ein/business?

One thing it could do is change what offers you may be eligible for as well as limit the banks that will underwrite the lease. Usually it’s all doable if you personally co-sign (thus making you personally responsible).

Those in F&I can confirm.

You’re probably not 19 and have good credit depth. I’ve done two leases with BMW FS, no proof of income or employment was provided for either.

3 Likes

Insurance is often more expensive when a car is registered to a business.

1 Like

Who’s this?