Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

I’ll take it if you haven’t filled out the info on the account :cowboy_hat_face:

And give you back your order fee

3 Likes

Based on demand and current wait times, you would have no issue reselling it at a profit now or a few months from now.

I see, I didn’t count some states don’t have sales tax on EV. Also your short-term thinking does make sense to me.

2 Likes

That was short lived. EDD pushed back to end of April - end of May…

I have the same config on order except white. Did you order FSD? I did to speed it up and then will remove it.

Oh boy never mind - just check and I slipped from May to Sep/Oct. lol what a joke.

They removed that loophole, saw it in an article today

Prepare the floodgates lots of people gonna cancel

Maybe those who actually want it will finally get it… with $12k FSD :joy:

How to stop flippers :grimacing:

1 Like

It’ll be like Rivian…‘we didn’t really mean it’…

1 Like

Hahaha
40k cybertruck :lying_face: in our dreams

1 Like

“Would you like a battery for your new cybertruck?”

2 Likes

$40k***

***price before battery, wheels, doors, and pretty much everything else other than the frame.

1 Like

When you flip one of these, do Carvana, Rodo, GMTV, etc but these or local dealers, or do you have to sell to private party? If you get 5250 from cvrp in SoCal and sell it, can you keep the 5250?

10characters

any idea what recent 2022 S’s have sold for? I have one I want to sell so curious what they are going for at auction… :grin:

2022 Model S auction pricing has been slowly increasing up, most likely adjusting to the recent MSRP price increases. The other factor is , just not that many Model S showing up on the auction block, compared to other Tesla models. So still a generally lack of datapoints.

2022 TESLA MODEL S 4D SEDAN - $99K Base MMR

2022 TESLA MODEL S 4D SEDAN PLAID (not enough data for base MMR)

1 Like
  1. teslas too expensive to qualify for CRVP now
  2. CRVP is prorated based on ownership time - although I’m not sure if I’ve heard of anyone getting the rebate clawed back
  3. how does a poor person afford this car? The higher crvp amount is for low income people I thought

CVRP requires that you keep the car for 30 months. If you sell it before then you are obligated to return the prorated amount. Not sure if they track it though. May just be honor system.

I believe CVRP check the DMV records periodically. If you sold before 30mo of ownership, they will send you a letter demanding prorated portion of your rebate back.