Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

I’ve seen that too

I thought it was 1 year

Many wealthy people have little or no taxable income, either through creative accounting or outright fraud.

1 Like

Any one in San Diego LA area with 2022 S long range white with black interior looking to sell PM me
if price is in the 80’s

McDonald’s employee here
I had 2 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

absolutely zero chance of getting a '22 S in the $80K’s

1 Like

Model S offers??

8 Likes

I can trade my 22’ LR (blue/black/19") in all day for mid 90’s with no effort. Top offer so far $97k from driveway. Private party FMV is like $105k lol. No one is selling one for 80’s

2 Likes

No one on this forum, perhaps.

But there are plenty of people out there that don’t do their homework, or just don’t care.

1 Like

People who don’t care or don’t wanna put in the work, wont sell to a private party in the first place

2 Likes
  1. People with cash jobs

Older people on fixed income but tons of equity on house

Reverse mortgage?

tom selleck ferrari GIF

No reason for me to pay in the 90’s for used when I can buy brand new for 99 , I just need the guy that hates that Yoke

https://twitter.com/troyteslike/status/1506907404050608128?s=21&t=MgQ_87cWe5hL8HcC_rzR6g

Not surprised to see Model X production so low, given the queue depth… Waiting for one feels like running in place. But I was expecting to see more Model S production. Given how few Model S they are making and how short queue, must not be alot of model S demand.

Do people still think the MYP is worth the 80k+ with FSD?

Don’t waste your money on FSD.

6 Likes

No, not at all

It is to some people.

I live in the canyons of Los Angeles. I see dozens, if not hundreds, of exotics and 6 figure cars daily.

One could argue that none of them are “worth it” since car above say, 50K, is really not “necessary” for safety or comfort.

Cars are emotional decisions. Buy the one that suits your budget and makes you happy.

You won’t recoup FSD investment when reselling, so FSD upfront does not make financial sense. Better get the subscription.

3 Likes

Technically, you are right.

But many people buying luxury goods are rarely driven by price.

I have a friend (contractor) who does a lot of very high end remodels here in LA. He constantly tells, or shows, me crazy things. Wives, usually, remodeling bathrooms for 500K 5 years after having already remodeled them!

Or a friend who traded in an 150K RV for a 50K loss after 6 months because he found one he liked better.

1 Like

Which buyers are currently paying top dollar on Teslas? Have a 2022 Y due for delivery now and debating whether to get rid of 2019 to take it. (And get a trade in quote on the Y as well).