Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

Carmax has added Tesla to the list of lessors they won’t work with

4 Likes

Probably just wishful thinking or setting up for any newly added state incentives where applicable.

I’ve seen that section working already in states, like NY, where there is an incentive. It might be from that.

1 Like

Ordered a LR m3 a few days ago and was debating about lease vs purchase - I actually need the car until market settles a little more. This should make my decision easier.
Now crossing my fingers I can delay pickup until early jan for potential fed credit savings.

And just like that, before the end of the month, we are down to only 10 units in-inventory.

1 Like

Who are you referring to when you say “we”?

Sales will slow down and jacked up prices are bout to correct soon. There was plenty of inventory past 3 days , with new year tax credit hope no point taking delivery of 2021 car at higher price.

I just realized something…all those inventory cars are listed at the current sky-high prices. Assuming some of those cars were rejected/declined by the original reservation holders, those people probably had their cars reserved at a lower price point. So Tesla’s immediate bottom line is helped by these inventory cars being scooped up this quarter by ‘line jumpers’.
Makes sense why Tesla is cranking out cars to be sold as existing inventory…let people ‘skip’ the line by paying a premium price.

3 Likes

No telling if there’s actually going to be a tax credit coming back for Tesla as a result of “the big ask”.

The contrarian vibe that allowed the discussion to even happen is sliding fast as everyday products are rising in price at a pace not seen since the Peanut Farmer days.

2 Likes

taking delivery tomorrow after @ilike2breakthngs posted they were available, just in time for the $1500 credit but now i see everyone talking about a potential 8k credit, seems like i was better to wait 60 days see if that 8k becomes a reality

Wooosh! This comment just alienated 98% of the LH audience. Well done! (remembers waiting in line for gas during the ‘embargo’).

1 Like

Us smoothbrain boomers have our moments, lol.

Anyway… As both a Tesla owner and stockholder. Keep buying!

1 Like

I had to look that shit up, and I’m now fully convinced we are witnessing the end of civilization via mass hysteria. But you already knew that. Carry on! :sunglasses:

1 Like

That would have been during the reign of “I am not a crook” from Whittier

Sips that Gen-Z tea, aka pinnacle because HALLOWEEN. :jack_o_lantern:

1 Like
1 Like

Up go the prices.

2 Likes

Just placed the order on a M3 LR today. Hoping that the price increases between now and January and the fed incentive makes it through. Estimated delivery is December but should be able to delay it up to 30 days at the very least based on the language in the delivery agreement I think? Maybe we need a new thread “How to get a Tesla Model 3 slow”…

4 Likes

^lol

My SR+ reservation when from December to next year September to now end of Nov. - mid Dec.

1 Like