Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

Tesla has a fire sale, and for some reason Carmax has one as well.

They are down to 103 on my last lookup

2 Likes

These can be gamed to make it look like their inventory/liabilities are not as great as they are. Carvana is basically fighting for their life as is.

1 Like

Was it “staged” ? As far as I can tell they never said the car can do it out of the gate… yes they didn’t disclose that the route was gps mapped but does raise to level of staged ?

It’s Daily Mail :smirk:
Here is Bloomberg, they say “exaggerated”
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-19/elon-musk-directed-tesla-autopilot-video-saying-car-drove-itself-tsla

When they released it as a demonstration of what fsd does, Musk linked it and tweeted “Tesla drives itself (no human input at all) thru urban streets to highway to streets, then finds a parking spot”

It certainly was presented as “hey, buy this, this is what it can currently do”

2 Likes

Navigation will still work, so you don’t “need” the premium connectivity per se, but if your phone has limited GB/mo to use it could get pricey…

What’s the tax rate when you sell a car in a private transaction? Capital gains? Sales tax? Five muffins and a high five?

Hmm Indiana doesn’t seem to require tax for seller on cars. I dunno I just do gifs.

Probably a dumb question on the $7500 tax credit, but I am confused by the argument that is not “refundable”.
Can I get the $7500 if my employer has taken out exactly what I should pay for my income taxes? i.e. I owe $0 on my tax return form.

This has probably been answered on other threads but as long as your liability is over $7500 after you calculate all your taxes… even if prepaid via payroll tax deductions… you should get that back. Forgot what line number that is on your Fed form.

But I’m not a CPA so you should confirm.

Thanks for the input! That’s what I thought too, otherwise I wouldn’t imagine there’d be many people who can get the money.

The white with the black wheels and red calipers are the hot hot hottest colors on these cars in my opinion✔️

3 Likes

Was thinking about grabbing a base model + tax credits for a few months (since we may move overseas) but seems I would take a huge hit on TCO. Wow

Yeah, I probably wouldn’t take a gamble on one of these for a short term ownership period just yet.

Remember that one dealer’s trade in value doesn’t necessarily represent market trade-in values. Tesla offered me $36k for my 2022 Mach E AWD Premium less than a week ago. I sold it to a different dealer for $51,500 the next day. The M3s are still selling for way more at Manheim than those Tesla trade in offers. A 2022 LR still appears to be worth $40k+ wholesale.

Nooooo doubt on that. In my particular case, the Tesla offer is in line with others posted here. So there may be some extra meat, but the generalized story is that Tesla flipperoo game
is pretty much over.

Tesla trade-in offer for a 2022 LR Model 3 with ~22k miles was only $26k earlier this week.

Not good times for someone who bought a 3 or Y in the last 1-2 years.

1 Like

They offered me $29,700 for a few week old 2023 M3 RWD. I have zero interest in selling it, I was just curious.

The retail selling prices of the Tesla are not really falling that fast though, per my observation. Especially for 2021 and later models. The used car market is really showing a weird disconnect between wholesale and retail, and it has been this way for a few months now

3 Likes

1 Like