Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

Princeton?

Yes (or more accurately Lawrence Twp).

I will be opening a new account with DCU. Need a referral, please PM me. Thanks

In preparation for our Online Banking system conversion, we’ve temporarily removed our Member Referral option. We anticipate this being available again in the near future.

I think anyone can sign up though… just have to make a donation to one of the educational partners.

who did you end up going with for the payment saver and at what rate? you had a lot of good options up before !

For the model S, I used CapEd CU and their payment saver loan at 3.84% for 24 months with a $750 origination fee. You can find a cheaper rate, but CapEd was very easy to work with and could communicate effectively over email. They also offer a 94 month conventional loan, so one application gives you two potential options. See this post for more options:

2 Likes

Pro tip - one could sign up to DCU by choosing “family” as the eligibility criteria - they do not verify and that’s how all of my referrers have been able to get in.

Even if you refer someone, they still require you to pick an eligibility qualifier, so that was the option I picked when I signed up and the trend continued.

2 Likes

Tesla has updated their Transportation Costs (the fee they charge to move a vehicle from one delivery center to another) for United States:

OLD:

0 - 100 miles            = $0
100 - 600 miles          = $500
600 - 1,300 miles        = $1000
1,300 - 2,500 miles      = $2000
2,500 - 1,000,000 miles  = $2500

NEW:

0 - 100 miles            = $0
100 - 500 miles          = $500
500 - 1,000 miles        = $1000
1,000 - 2,500 miles      = $2000
2,500 - 1,000,000 miles  = $2500

100-600 miles bracket has been reduced down to 100-500 miles (for $500), 600-1300 miles is down to 500-1000 miles (for $1000) and 1300-2500 has been expanded to include 1000-2500 miles ($2000).

The jump from $1000 to $2000 is pretty steep, so if you happen to be on that edge of that bracket, my recommendation would be to pick a slightly closer delivery center to the originating center.

1 Like

Thanks. How does that all work? Say I find a car in Ohio and after entering my zip it estimates the transport cost to $1,000. Is this the exact cost to transport it to the Tesla center closest to me? when do I get billed this and what if I wanted to pick it up in my own?

Is there anywhere that explains the transportation aspect of getting a car the “fast way” in greater detail?

BTW - awesome site and addictive discord set up - thank you! Just got back from a test drive of a MY LR. Now just need to find one!

1 Like

Transport cost gets added to your vehicle price and is part of the entire vehicle transaction. It could change if you change the pick up location but for accurate cost, use the zip of the Tesla pick-up location vs your home.

Picking up from the originating center is usually an option and would be a faster option compared to moving the vehicle as sometimes it could get delayed due to truck availability.

We have some good info in the faq channels but if you have more specific questions, ask away here or in chat.

1 Like

Anyone driving a new S with that steering wheel and new screen? Do you like it

Debating to find a used 2021, So on the fence with interior refresh.

1 Like

I’ve driven both
New interior >>>>

You get used to the wheel

is the park/reverse location a PIA?

You get used to it

Flick it up down

I picked up my Model S a few days ago, still adjusting to the yolk but love the new interior. Can’t imagine getting an older model after sitting and driving in a new one. Overall fit and finish is much better.

The park/reverse on the screen is not so bad as the turn signals and wipers not on steering column stalks. Took me a bit to get comfortable with these operations, where-as the park/reverse thing, first time you figure out. Ultimately the optics of watching the yolk move around when in autopilot are worth any trade-offs. In the Model S, the auto pilot actually works, unlike my experiences in a Model 3.

I think I need to drive one, I really loved the way the screen was previously .
thanks everyone

Just a thought here vroom is still sitting with me and @z0lt3c trade ins

His model 3 https://www.vroom.com/inventory/tesla-model-3-2021-5YJ3E1EBXMF078159 they asking 56499 they paid him 56500 they losing $1

Here’s mine https://www.vroom.com/inventory/tesla-model-3-2021-5YJ3E1EB1MF097828 they asking 56499 as well they paid me 55k

2 Likes

i say mine sells first. :grinning: :sweat_smile:

https://www.vroom.com/inventory/tesla-model-3-2021-5YJ3E1EB4MF077959?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=campaign1

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

What they pay you?

post deleted