HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

Maybe they were waiting on batteries?

starting to get inpatient. can’t wait to have this baby and ride around with the roof off

status update for the rest of yall:

Ordered 7/14 with Clutch

Sahara in Granite Crystal, Dual Top, Advanced Safety, Cold Weather, Proximity

7/27 email to dealer – status D1 “ship” (aka build) date of 8/5
8/21 email to dealer – status I “ship” date 8/25, Sandi estimated 3-4 weeks
8/23 Cryptostickers added build sheet, no sticker

At this point ready to buy some new tires before the car gets here to beef up the look? Any of you have reccs?

While I’m at it – what add-ons have you guys done and love?

I am in the same boat and went with a moderate Rubicon build for this purpose. Mine would be about $62k at today’s prices. That includes dual-top. If I were to do it again, I would go with One Touch Sky Roof. If you want all the features, an optioned out Sahara will probably be a little bit better, but I wanted to try out the Rubi.

On my sticker sheet, it lists Black Sunrider Soft top. I dont have dual tops, anyone have any clues as what that might be?

Because…why not.

11 Likes

What is this number 9? You gotta be opening an at home dealership lol

1 Like

It takes a real man to drive a pink wrangler that or a real mans wife! Lol

3 Likes

Guys.

It happened.

By chance, I reached out to my CarMax sales rep and told him the series of unfortunate events that happened.

He told me to bring it by anyways so that they can check out the damage. At my lunch break they looked over the car, and said they still want to buy it — but that everything had to be done today because it was the 7th day of my offer.

I get back to work and get a phone call from CarMax — CCAP won’t release payoff numbers to them. I call CCAP and they tell me that they closed me account because they received notice that my Jeep was a total loss. DAFUQ. I am in my office LIVID at how unlucky this whole transaction has been.

My coworkers joke that they’ve never seen me so badly stressed out about something. I’m on the phone all afternoon, having the weirdest and most stressful 4-way you’ve ever seen with CarMax, the insurance company, and CCAP.

Eventually, the mistake got corrected. They released the account, and literally at the last minute, they said it was good to go. I drove my buddy to CarMax after work and said my final goodbye. It wasn’t until an hour after I got home, the intense sadness set in. :pensive:

15 Likes

My wife said go and she’s been really enjoying the jeep so why not!?

She doesn’t often get excited about car purchases so in the rare occasion it happens, I run with it immediately.

I still think the Rubi would be cooler in this color, though.

5 Likes

So help me GOD, I’m about to be driving matching hot pink Jeeps with your wife

3 Likes

You should go Rubi this time!

The pink will look awesome with body matched flares but I think the decals on the hood would have to go

1 Like

Hi, my name is @Bostoncarconcierge

Hi, @Bostoncarconcierge .

And I am addicting to flipping Jeeps and making mad money.

Nahhh you guys got me all wrong.

I’m only on my second one with 2 on order.

I feel like that’s very normal for this group! Lol

Only one 392 flipped so far and the second one will also be.

My current 4xe wasn’t as deep as all you have been getting. But, I needed it at the time and couldn’t wait, because I had gotten rid of other vehicles :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a wild story. Why did CCAP think the vehicle was a total loss? It was just minor rear bumper damage right?

How much did CarMax reduce their offer due to the damage?

No idea. Somebody got it wrong, and they refused to fix it for over an hour because “that’s what they were told”. CarMax didn’t reduce the offer, I think they knew they were already upside a few grand in the deal, replacing a bumper wasn’t a huge deterrent to them and their body shop.

Overall can’t say good enough things about CarMax. From start to finish, every single staff member was a real joy. Never had a dealership experience like that.

7 Likes

@Bostoncarconcierge is like Scrooge mcduck…He swims in flip money and then laughs at the rest of us.

Out your damn mind sir

That’s great for you. I also had a great experience with them

Just imagine who’s going to buy a used 4xe with a bad Carfax…

2 Likes