HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

You won’t see it advertised, but you could probably get pretty close to that through the bidding process on uship. You’d be surprised how low they’ll go if you give it enough time.

Interesting to see all the variance here. Placed an order 4/30 got it in 3 weeks. Placed 2 more 5/17 and don’t even have a build date. Been in “scheduling waiting for parts” almost the whole time.

Are those reputable enough? Never used uship before but have read lots of negative things

Anything special about them? That’s a long time…

I want to get in on this! I live in GA.

Questions I have for anyone or @vinny

1. Will the covered maintenance work at my local dealer in Georgia? Or it only is applicable at the TN location?
  2. I just donated for Access Fund. Do I have to wait 30 days before placing the order?
  3. Since I am just a few days away from August, will RV, MF, etc change?

1: Yes, any Jeep dealer
2: 30 days minimum before delivery/final paperwork, so orders should be good
3: Expect monthly changes…they may not, but plan for some wiggle in numbers.

1 Like

Nothing special at all, which is what makes it all the more perplexing. They are Rubicon’s though for whatever that is worth. No Gorilla glass either which I would of ordered had I even known it existed.

I’m beginning to think it has less to do with part shortages and it may be that Gupton has had too many orders to the disadvantage of other dealers needing regular stock or their client orders.

When I had reached out to Koons in late May they had told me there was a wait list just to order from them. They are usually the #1 Wrangler dealer in the country.

Thoughts?

Uship isn’t a shipper at all. It is just a site to connect shippers to customers. You need to do your due diligence on the individual shippers who bid. The cheapest is often not desirable, in my experience.

Check with Mike at Mall of Georgia as he has similar pricing.

Keep in mind Montway and several other large shippers place bids on moving cars on Uship. Montway very often brokers out cars to an independent owner operator. A majority of the “shippers” recommended on this site are just brokers…they don’t own the truck or know the driver most of the time.

Yup.
Yet, they manage to have vastly different prices using the same drivers. Go figure.

What exactly is sold order protection? I’m trying to negotiate a lease on a custom build with Walter at Gupton but he said the numbers can change from today and time of delivery. Is sold order protection the same as locking in July’s numbers for example?

1. Word is Daniel is the only one at Gupton who does 6% under invoice with affiliate. Is Walter doing it as well?

2. Gupton told me they only lock in MSRP and sales price. The RV and MF are for the month you take delivery and sign.

Yes walter is. I’ll attach my numbers but he shaved off 9.85% MSRP.

MSRP 56,995 and sale price 51,381.

I’m really worried about MF and RV changing by the time car arrives and he can’t even give me current numbers because it can be seen as a binding quote or something like that? Should I speak to Daniel instead?

Yeah it’s kind of the gamble right now. Wouldn’t hurt to ask Daniel. Let us know what you find out. Others have mentioned above that locking in RV is possible, but is a lot of paperwork for the dealer with CCAP. So apparently most dealers don’t want to do it. Take it for what its worth second hand.

Right now I’m looking at about $400 monthly. Don’t want it to sky rocket to 500 delivery time

Don’t ask to speak with Daniel. It’s offensive if you’re already working with someone there.

You’re at 9.85%. Where are you trying to go from there?

The numbers can change and you need to be OK with that

If you’re not comfortable go elsewhere that will lock RV like w @Clutch

1 Like

I’m great with the 9.85. I just would like to lock in RV and MF for the 4xe build I have. Is that possible with anyone?

@Clutch i believe can lock RV.

I don’t think anyone can lock MF but I’ll let them confirm

1 Like