HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

Data point:
64K 22 Rubicon 422 miles (No plates)
SoCal
Offered to too many dealers to list, average offer was $55k
Sold to local dealer for 59K after negotiating for a week

No equity check until title comes in :frowning:

11 Likes

Very well done! :clap:t4:

Well done.

1 Like

Do you guys drive to dealers before negotiation? Or negotiate remotely and only drive there with an agreed price?

Don’t drive in without a number. Of course offer to send photos and assume offer is pending inspection. But get a number.

2 Likes

Did you contact only Jeep dealers or anything?

A lot of factors come into play for me; location, affiliation, inventory, etc. I spend a lot of time researching and choosing which dealers to pursue. Once I choose my dealers, I gauge their interest remotely (get a general offer/number) and then schedule to meet in person. I negotiate in person which takes a lot more time but I prefer it because you can accurately assess how much they the want car.

1 Like

I search for every dealer within 50 miles.

nice. didn’t know if it mattered logistically with lease buyout etc.

No plates as no registration or registration done and plates haven’t come in yet ? What region? Nvm saw so cal

No registration :sweat_smile:

Was it a Non Jeep dealer? Wasn’t sure if non Jeep would take them without perm plates

Ordered 7/5. Just entered production

1 Like

Well how about that… already at Gupton. 23 Sahara, blue with safety adv safety and cold weather

First Gupton order, how are they doing these days for turn around times? I’d imagine it’s not as crazy as before but I know they run lean.

2 Likes

8/20 production to 8/26 delivered.
Looks like the madness is gone. Assembly lines running like normal.

Is there even 23 numbers out?

Probably a base build @freshwater

It’s about 60k MSRP. Both adv safety and safety and cold weather with the standard soft top. So not loaded but not base either.

But you guys are right things are moving a lot faster than before.

2 Likes

If you decided to flip you will be the first one flipping a 23 model.

Thing is there no data
Remember when 22s popped up everyone was getting low balled

@harrydogyo congrats wished I pulled the trigger for a keeper

2 Likes

Oh I will for sure be looking to get out of this one, but I have to ship to MA vs. pick up so it may take some time.

I think the lack of data could help since it’ll require manual appraisals but I’m not looking to get rich on this one. Same build basically netted me 7500 on first flip, 4500 on 2nd and even with a new model year I’ll take what I can get. Going to try to find a dealer without any on the lot which is harder to do with Saharas these days for sure.