HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

I’m getting a different car and don’t think it makes sense to keep my wrangler as a 2nd vehicle so I’m trying to exit with minimal loss - yes loss.

62k msrp, 1300 miles

Clutch offered 48, and the stipulations sounded like a givemethevin deal.

Assuming you guys just randomly email your jeep dealers and ask if they want to buy it?

Wish Jeep would add light at the charger port and one touch all windows up & down.

4 Likes

Why take a loss? Keep trying dealers until you can at least break even.

I didn’t get 10% off like some. Regardless, I feel like the dream is over for flippers, the market has turned quite a bit. I didn’t get the car to flip, but priorities change.

While priorities change, it should still be a priority to take an hour and get offers from the 10 or so online places and email a few local dealers near you. It’ll at least make you sure of the minimal loss or surprise you with a minimal profit.

2 Likes

Update

2 Likes

It’s kind of a self fulfilling prophecy, right? Expect less, accept less, drag it down.

Thanks Clutch.

This deal (to flip) is dead with or without the $7,500 rebate.

But thanks for sharing. You are the most trusted Broker around LH.

4 Likes

Oh I agree.

Carvana - 48100
Autonation - 50500

Seems the majority of people sold to local dealers - I emailed two sales managers at 2 dealers to see if they’d be interested. Honestly, at 50, it almost makes sense to hold on to the jeep.

What did you get off MSRP? Did you go through CCAP and use the 7500? How many payments have you made so far and what is the current payoff amount?

Market has definitely softened but you should still be able to get 52-54 at a minimum- only takes 1 offer

You’ve been Gupton-ed

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it’s dead. A 2023 Rubicon with a hard top and CWP (climate dependent) should still do well with the rebate

1 Like

Was playing around on the online offer sites and got a surprisingly good offer from Autonation for around 51k on a 22 Sahara. Can someone help me decipher payoff amount as I think I’m missing something.

Vehicle MSRP was $57,500. minus 10% through LC plus the $7500 credit puts it at $44,250. CCAP quotes $48,800 as the buyout which I imagine is due to some tax calculation or something? They wouldnt give me the dealer buyout and the AN dealer said they couldn’t get it unless they did formal paperwork.

Basically wondering if the number from CCAP is correct for a sale to dealership or if there’s an easier way to estimate the number?

Is your buyout includes sales tax. If yes then minus that.

Having to make more then one phone call to get an offer doesn’t mean the opportunity is over.

2022 JEEP WRANGLER 4XE 4D SUV SAHARA

2022 JEEP WRANGLER 4XE 4D SUV RUBICON

2022 JEEP WRANGLER 4XE 4D SUV SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE

9 Likes

Look at the adjusted cap cost on your lease contract

1 Like

Thanks… That pretty much nailed it. I got the official payoff quote document and when I subtract out the sales tax and purchase option fee I get roughly the same as adjusted cap cost.

Not great but not terrible I guess - would net around $4k

1 Like

Was the process pretty quick and easy with them?

For those waiting on Reign

14 Likes