HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

Looking for some advice here. My '22 Rubi just got in to clutch’s southern dealer from a 3/31 order date. It’s got a 71.1k sticker and a POC of 62.7k. Would it be a safe bet to pick it up and still drive for a year? I’m struggling to see a scenario where anything else will lease close enough to this with even a 50k sticker. Ideally I would like to get my payments back and drive it for a year. Worst case I’d like to not have any neggy eggy when I do want to get out of it. I appreciate any and all speculation particularly regarding the 7.5k that may or may not be going away on 12/31 and how it might affect MMR.

Data Point (Northeast)

2022 Sahara HV with regular soft top + CWP. 500 miles ($58,375 sticker)

Driveway-51k
Carvana-47,500
Carbuyerusa-49,500

started reaching out to local dealers after that and ended up selling to a non-jeep dealership for 54k. Agreed to the price over email and I was in/out in 20 mins at the dealership. Obviously not the good ol’ days, but as long as the rebate is active, I wouldn’t say the flip is totally dead

4 Likes

Data point: 2022 Sahara Blue with SOT + Safety (62k MSRP)
Few local dealers:

Few more pending, will update as they come in.

2 Likes

My 23 XE with 67K MSRP just landed at the Ourisman. delay or pickup? Reading all these comments is leading me to believe I might become the tester, but wanted to confirm from yall.

Don’t run your credit til someone reports that the 7500 applys

As of now no one has had any luck

I thought Koons hold onto cars until they fund before releasing them?

Lots of conflicting information here that’s for sure.

1 Like

Do you add 3% to the 48 month term as well for 10k miles?

Latest word on the 7500 for 23s and CCAP from Gupton is they hope to hear something by the end of the week.

@AutoCompanion are your contracts getting funded?

The word is that everything is okay. No issues thus far.

I don’t blame them for waiting but can only imagine how much more this is going to back up Guptons orders/lot

Yes.

I’d imagine they can just clear out the non 4xes but it’s not great for those of us who thought they’d already be on a truck by now.

yea i’m down a car. not fun

We are under a different market now, I think that everyone agree on that.

In my view, this deal is not profitable for flippers, the RV for the MY23 came up just 1 percent, and the MF went also up. The average profit reported for the flippers during the last month is about 2k with some cases reported at break even. Not sure who would like to take delivery of a 60-70K MRSP monster to pocket just 2k, I would not take that risk.

There are thousands of new 4xe available for sale online. This is also the reason why the reselling market is almost dead.

RV and MF have little/no impact on flipping profit.

Your risk is the full cost of the lease, not the full MSRP of the vehicle. In this case, maybe about 22k on average. However, you could always sell it at a loss. Upside might be about $3k and downside might be losing $1k…

4 Likes

With the EV tax changes its a wildcard on resell values into new year

Also, I assume there is seasonality with Wranglers and resell market values given Fall and Winter approaching

I ordered a 4XE that I could live with for 1-3 years if needed. Flipping would be a bonus, but was never expected (ordered mid-March and finally made it to the dealer in time to lock the Aug numbers).

Agreed. If you have a deposit to lose, making a couple grand with some work is worth it vs. losing $1k.

If you don’t have a large deposit to lose then maybe you walk.

2 Likes

you can lose 1k with certainty (deposit)
or you can gamble and potentially lose 1k, or break even and drive a free car for a couple months, or make a few k. I know which option I’m taking.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the MRM number includes destination fee? Assuming it does.