HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

As we speak… :beers:. Grilling, drinking & just washed a Hellcat…but still at the “office”. :wink:

1 Like

How is that purchase price so low if it doesn’t include the rebate? That’s like 19% off?

MRM does not equal MSRP.

2 Likes

Hmmmm, wouldn’t count the Ourisman chickens until they hatch.

2 Likes

How do you get an 11% discount to this selling price with these options?

Sharing the definition of MRM to hopefully address confusion.

MRM / CRV - This is the value of the vehicle assigned by AFG. It is based on the “Maximum Residualized MSRP”, which consists of the MSRP of the typically equipped vehicle and value adding options giving only partial credit or no credit for those options that ALG understands add little or no value to the resale price of the vehicle.

If you have more balloon loan questions, ask them in;

They are hatching right now so we shall see shortly.

1 Like

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn’t your selling price be higher?
Assume 62k sticker. Selling price would be ~$55 after 11% off? How are you getting low 50s on selling price?

1 Like

MSRP* STARTING AT
$54,595 + destination fee

Off slightly, but base 23 Sahara would get you $50,160 at 11% off.

1 Like

But with the options selected on the loan calc…?

That just changes MRM, not selling price.

1 Like

What is a good lender for balloon loans? It seems most credit unions require you to live or work in a certain state.

Okay deep breaths everyone… and fire up the grill.

A GM I trust reached out to his rep who said 23s aren’t eligible “yet” because the IRS hasn’t recognized the 23 Wranglers.

So if you look at these lists, you’ll see 23 models from other automakers, but no Jeep Wrangler 4xe:
https://afdc.energy.gov/laws/inflation-reduction-act
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml

Putting that all together it would explain why some recent apps had to get rejected but once 23 Wrangler 4xes are recognized it’s business as usual through year end.

I mean we can also see if any other dealers get any apps through but that’s probably what we’re looking at.

4 Likes

it’s what they should have done a long long time ago - tbh im shocked they haven’t already.

Did this happen last time at this time? I don’t recall there being an issue at the time with delays in the '22 being listed.

Also, if this were true and the '23 eventually gets added, it would really suck for anyone who has to take delivery in the interim.

So this does not includes the 7500 EV credit and need to be collected when filing tax in 23.
How many EV credit one can apply for if someone buy 2 EV vehicles in 22. And does Hybrid plug in falls under full EV credit if bought in 2022.

You can file for as many as you have tax liability to cover and that you arent purchasing with the intent to resale.

Amount you get throughnthe end of 22 is based on battery capacity. Doesnt matter if ev or phev.

1 Like

So in theory everyone that has incoming 2023’s are relying on the government to promptly update the qualifying ev list. Then ccap has to amend their ev credit pass through doc. Sounds like a nail-biting wait.

Yeah possibly. But if so this is better news than no credit at all.

1 Like

Prayers and many blessings :grinning: to those with 23’s landing between now and whenever the government chooses to update their list.

1 Like